*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707852-Favre-Finally-Gets-Moss-In-Minnesota
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#707852 added October 6, 2010 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Favre Finally Gets Moss In Minnesota
The long awaited pairing of receiver and quarterback is no longer fantasy, but reality. Randy Moss' return to his old team in Minnesota seems to be the relief the Vikings need in their receiving corps. Questions still remain to be answered.

While it is true that Moss gets a freeh start with each new team, will he be happy in the land of 10,000 lakes? Early indications are that he is happy to be home and maybe his early season squabbling in New England was designed to get him out of his predicament with the Patriots, as primarily a double-teamed decoy.

In Minnesota, Favre gets to play jump ball with the guy he wanted way back in 2007 when the QB and Packers GM Ted Thompson didn't see eye-to-eye on the receiver's talents. He became a steal from the Oakland Raiders, as the Patriots gave up a fourth round draft pick. He eventually helped Tom Brady to a monster season that was almost perfect.

But, does Favre use Moss or does he get double-covered and forgotten, stretching the field for other players. If it's bombs away, will Favre be able to put it in Moss' hands or will the interception numbers pile up? The Vikings are patching over patches on their leaking ship in hopes of getting it back on course for the Super Bowl.

Chances are Moss can still be an elite receiver, but this may be nothing like it could have been three years ago in Green Bay. If anything, Moss helps Minnesota through some rough waters while the return of Sydney Rice helps rescue a struggling Viking offense. The Vikings upcoming games against the Jets, Packers, Cowboys and Patriots with Moss will be a good indicator of where the team is going before Rice gets in the mix.

After the Vikings picked up Greg Camarillo from the Dolphins, the team still seemed to struggle despite having a trustworthy possession receiver. Will they know how to use Moss, keep him happy, while throwing this talent into the mix? It's suspect at best whether this crew can come together on offense.

Questions lingered about Favre and how he looked to start the season. Not realizing that Rice would go on injured reserve for the fist half of the season and questions surrounding Percy Harvin. Was Favre all in like he said, or did he get caught off guard by all the early troubles?

Either way, Favre knows people go down with injury every day. The Vikings are all in and doing all they can to secure the talent for this one run because a future stadium is also on the line. Favre may be another year older, but he just got a lot young with Moss in the mix. He'll finally have the pairing he's long desired and this will bring a sigh of relief from a lot of folks.

And the Favre Childress feud won't go away...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/report-growing-tension-between-b...

Childress was questioned about the trade for Moss today and if the is a new contract in the works..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/childress-on-moss-contract-well-...

Early rumors that the Vikings were negotiating a deal for Moss didn't seem to sit right. The lockup is coming up and why can't Moss play out his current contract and decided what direction to go after the season. It would be like putting the cart before the horse on this one who is a little unpredictable, especially as an aging receiver.

© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707852-Favre-Finally-Gets-Moss-In-Minnesota