*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710041
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#710041 added November 2, 2010 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Moss Already Out In Minnesota
It wasn't the fantasy pairing many thought it would be and now it is apparently over. With a quick trigger, the Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress has apparently sent Randy Moss to some other team's showers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/reports-brad-childress-acted-alo...

He may have been out of line and a divisive element in Minnesota, but it makes you wonder why the need for a quick exit when the team so desperately needed a receiver while Sydney Rice rehabbed from his surgery and is still not ready to come back.

The fact that Moss didn't his the waivers the day the news broke out and reports that the team's owner Zygi Wolfe was none too pleased having with the announcement got people talking about an early demise for Childress who is in an unenviable position.

Waiting for this thing to sort itself out and almost wondering with all this drama for the Vikings if Moss' release is water under the bridge with a season nearly lost at 2-5 and the many injuries decimating this team. It doesn't appear Childress has been able to coach the team out of this mess.

And while it's reported some teammates were livid with the decision, some approved...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/some-vikings-players-on-board-wi...

Either way, the Vikings are a mess. You know what you are getting when you send away a third round pick for Moss. How do you not manage this situation better? They were desperate and they likely thought Moss would flourish with Favre. And when the team lost three straight and Moss used his entitlement with the team to create an uncomfortable nature, enough was enough.

Childress is walking a tight rope with this decision. Many are still alienated. The future for Moss is curious, too. It almost feels like New England coach Bill Belichek dropped him off in Minnesota before their face-off just to get an edge. But even more so, knowing he might get Moss back when it was all said and done. Well see what happens with the waiver process.


© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710041