*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710229
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#710229 added November 4, 2010 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Favre Pressed For Reaction To Moss Dismissal
Brett Favre knows what he had in Randy Moss, even if Brad Childress does not appreciate the ex-ex-Minnesota Viking receiver. Favre weighed in at his Wednesday presser...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/surprised-by-decision-to-cut-mos...

It's likely Favre was the object of Childress' ire because he was forcing the ball to Moss in previous games. It's likely the head coach could not phathom how to use number 84 or appreciate how the rest of the offense improved while he was dogging it out on the field.

Favre plays better with the short game, but that does open up more with a receiver like Moss. Without Sydney Rice ready to reprise his role as a down field threat, look for Adrian Peterson to handle more of the load in the next few games.

Could it be Childress was sending something of a message to his quarterback by getting rid of Moss? I think in part, maybe. He couldn't take a stand against Favre directly, so maybe he got his attention with putting his best receiver on waivers.

That's not coaching.

On the other front, what if Moss was nothing more than a Belichek plant the whole time. Moss comes in before the two teams square off and then starts waxing poetic about his ole New England teammates after the Vikings third consecutive loss with the receiver.

He dogs it, acts like an ass and lowers his stock value so much, maybe he figures no team will take a chance on him. Minnesota gave up a third round pick for a receiver who was going to the highest bidder next year anyway. Perhaps, he figures he can wind up back in New England. If he does, I smell a rat...or rat turds since that's all he's left behind in the Vikings clubhouse.

Childress is not off the hot seat...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/04/wilf-addresses-vikings-about-rel...

© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710229