*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721753-You-couldnt-make-all-this-up
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#721753 added April 7, 2011 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
You couldn’t make all this up!
We laugh at everything in our house, and the news is full of it. When I say full of it, I mean full of it in all its meanings. Here are a few:

*Bullet*April 5, 2011, news: Arizona proposes fee for the obese...
Hubby to me: Eat, eat! Why aren't you eating? We aren't moving to Arizona. *Laugh*

*Bullet* And now, a solution for the health-care crisis: TV serials!
From the news: Four very well known doctors, from the popular TV show "The Doctors", have shared great insight with us on the topic of the electronic cigarette. The electronic cigarette was featured as one of their top 10 key health trends for 2009.

*Bullet* The English language is getting ransacked by the likes of Donald Trump who thinks he owns "You're fired!" alongside the entire world. Now, another one has sprung up...
News: "Charlie Sheen moves to trademark 22 catchphrases
"Adonis DNA"
"A company with ties to the actor has moved to trademark 22 of Sheen's catchphrases, including "Duh, Winning," "Vatican Assassin," "Tiger Blood" and "Rock Star From Mars".
Much like their creator, the applications aim high, with trademark protection sought for everything from bras, drinks, electronic games, candy and even gambling machines. Records show the company, Hyro-gliff, filed trademark applications between March 19 and 22."


*Bullet* Next thing you know, we're all going to talk in code.
News: The Oxford English Dictionary has announced the latest batch of words and phrases deemed worthy of etymological conservation. From the encyclopedia's just-released 2011 edition, you'll see cream crackered, wag and tinfoil hat, as well as internet-era initialisms like LOL and OMG.

*Bullet* Well, not just us...The whole world has to adapt to teen quirks.
News: German mayor invents bench for teenagers
After residents of the southwestern city of Eppelheim complained teenagers always sat on the top of benches, rather than on the seat itself which they dirtied with their shoes, Mayor Dieter Moerlein came up with the idea of putting the seat on top.


I so love the news! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2011 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721753-You-couldnt-make-all-this-up