*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722438
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#722438 added April 17, 2011 at 1:06am
Restrictions: None
Mission Accomplished
I am so proud of you, Angel. You faced half a dozen fears today and came out unscathed. How does it feel?

"Exhilarating. I drank, danced, laughed and supped with people I thought despised and hated."

Well, in the least you thought they depised and hated you.

I nod. "Yes. We'll see how things go tomorrow when everyone's sober."

Don't worry about that. You were stunning! You participated in conversations. You helped out your stressed host as best you could. And you were yourself. I think that last bit was the most impressive of all. Now...how do you feel about the woman you like?

"I'm on the fence about her. On the one hand, I like her a lot. I like her smile, her body, even her crooked teeth. But I think she wants someone who's going to take care of her and her daughter. I don't know about taking on that much responsibility."

But if she asked you out on a date and things became serious after a few months-

"Then of course I would. But it would have to be for the right reasons. Because she really wants me for me. Not because she's looking fo a paycheck. I don't know what she sees me as. I think she's still feeling me out."

In any case, you were amazing. And anyone who doesn't agree can go kick rocks.

I break out into the spontaneous half-griin that I wish I had the courage to make into a habit. "Thank you."

What if she went to someone else?

I shrug. "Then I hope she's happy. I won't be anyone's booby prize. People should go for who they want. There's millions of women out there for me, and dozens of years to find at least a handful. Why should I worry about one?"

Congratulations. Consider one mountain climbed.
© Copyright 2011 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722438