*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722452-Monkey-Jan---17-Liz-found-a-companion
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #1768582
My contest entries for Legerdemain's 15 for 15, fiction and poetry.
#722452 added April 18, 2011 at 5:25am
Restrictions: None
Monkey: Jan - 17, Liz found a companion.
Chimpu

Chimpu was dressed in red shorts and a yellow and black striped top. There is a white felt cap on his head. Now he is ready for his daily rounds.

With his master holding his chain, Chimpu ambled by his side, looking curiously around. Children greeted him smilingly and walked with him, for a while.

When they reached the square in the main street, master and the monkey began the show. There wasn’t a trick that Chimpu didn’t know. Some, he learned from his master, and some he knew by nature. Man’s ancestor, wasn’t he?

“Daddy, I want the monkey!” said the little girl watching the small, brown monkey performing a number of variety jumps.
“That my love, is something I can’t get,” said her dad.
Liz cried and couldn’t forget the colorfully dressed animal.

In spite of earning as much as he could, Chimpu was unable to satisfy his master’s financial needs. He soon became a burden for the owner.

On one gray morning, Chimpu found himself alone. He looked around searchingly. To his dismay, there was no one in sight. Crossing the street, he was suddenly hit by a two-wheeler. He was thrown sideways, and the scooter sped past. He lay on the sidewalk with his chin gashed, and the temple deeply cut. Blood started oozing from the wounds.

“Oh my God! It’s you! Daddy, Daddy, look what happened!”
“ Oh, it’s the little monkey you wanted! How come he’s here? His owner didn’t want him clearly."

They took him to the vet, and got him checked. All the while, Chimpu kept quiet, unable to know why these things were happening. The pensive look in the big brown eyes melted the hearts of those around. The doctor held his head steadily in his gloved palms to clean the wound on the chin. He later examined his head, checking for more serious damage.

Eventually, Chimpu found a happy home with Liz and her kind parents. And Liz found a loving friend in Chimpu.

© Copyright 2011 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722452-Monkey-Jan---17-Liz-found-a-companion