*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722975-U-is-for
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#722975 added April 25, 2011 at 8:42am
Restrictions: None
'U' is for...?
I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and that those of you who celebrated Easter had a special holiday! Saturday's word was 'Terror' -- thanks for all your comments and guesses!

Today's 'U' prompt word is depicted by a character in the excerpt below. See if you can guess what emotion/feeling/state of mind I've described that begins with 'U'. Can't wait to read your comments!

Here's my excerpt:


“I don’t know why we chose this dreary restaurant. Do you remember? Is that so? A five-star chef, is he? Well, I just hope his food is better than the abominable service we’re getting. Where is that waitress? It doesn’t take a university level education to recognize a table full of hungry, wealthy people! Surely she knows her tip will be proportionate to her ability to get what we’ve ordered to us quickly. Yes, you’re right. I shouldn’t make assumptions! What’s that old adage? Makes an ass out of you and me? Ah, speaking of, here she is now.

“Miss, when you’re serving a table of women, like ours, do you know whose wine glass to fill first? No, I didn’t think you did. Here’s a tip. Serve the lady wearing the most expensive-looking jewelry!

“Joking! Just a little humor, ladies, come on. I always say, if you can’t giggle a little, you—hang on. Excuse me? What do you think you’re doing, miss? Yes, I can see you’re pouring the wine, but that doesn’t answer my question, does it now? Haven’t you any idea how to pour wine correctly? Don’t they train you people? No, I won’t let it slide, darling. This is supposed to be a fine dining establishment, with a reputable chef, and this silly waitress is pouring me expensive Bordeaux in a white wine glass.

“Miss, I’d like to speak to your manager. Yes, right now. Run along and fetch him, this instant. Unbelievable, am I right? Darling! I just noticed your handbag. My goodness, it’s gorgeous. Is that from Gucci’s spring line? It’s been under wraps, how on earth did you manage to…?”


*******



Any idea what emotion/feeling/state of mind I've 'shown' in the dialog above? I'd love to read your guess in the comments.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!!


© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722975-U-is-for