*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723643
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#723643 added May 8, 2011 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
Suffer Through
"Why the fuck did I think it was going to be that easy?"

She looks at me with a wry smile on her lips. Because you were drunk off your ass. Things appear to be easy when your drunk.

I slump my shoulders. "Last night was terrible. Why am I always freaked out around large groups of people?"

Because you're a scholar. Scholars don't usually mingle. Not to mention the fact that you don't like being around large groups of people. You don't even like eating lunch with your co-workers because it's so noisy. I nod in agreement. So what are you going to do about this? Are you going to go back to being alone? Are you going to leave the groups you started working with because you're not comfortable around them yet? Are you going to back to your island?

"No. I can't do that. I can't just run away. I've spent my whole life running. You told me crossing mountains isn't easy. I guess I'm going to have to settle in prepare to be uncomfortable until I can find my place in everything."

She squeezes my shoulder. I know you hate being uncomfortable. But if you can suffer through it for a litte while, I think you might surprise yourself. And surprise everyone else, of course.
© Copyright 2011 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723643