*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723884-Is-Harry-Potter-too-scary-for-kids
by brom21
Rated: E · Book · Philosophy · #1740118
I discus subjects from politics, philosophy, religion, entertainment and miscellaneous
#723884 added May 12, 2011 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
Is Harry Potter too scary for kids?

Its easy to see that the Harry potter series has gradually gotten darker. But are the movie makers pushing too far, especially the last installment The Deathly Hallows? It used to be targeted towards kids eight and over. But even the proceeding sequel The Half Blood Prince went from eight to twelve and up as some sources report. Not to spoil the latest movie, there are torture scenes,more blood, an more death. An online source,The Telegraph(where I got some of my information) claims that if you handled the appearance of Voldemort in The Goblet of fire then Deathly Hollows is a safe bet. In my opinion, the darkness and frightening images I'v seen I've commercials alone are scarier than anything in The Goblet of Fire. There was a case in Canada where a nine year old young girl who started reading the second book got nightmares from it. According to another source, stuff.co.nz, the first book was geared to nine to ten year olds but books sisx and seven were rated young adults and was no longer juvenile appropriate. But one thing that worries me about this whole situation. I'm afraid that material in movies that will be considered acceptable for younger audiences will get more and more too adult so to speak.
© Copyright 2011 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723884-Is-Harry-Potter-too-scary-for-kids