*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726201-WDC-Survivor
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#726201 added June 14, 2011 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
WDC Survivor
It's the final round of WDC Survivor, and fyn and I have our work cut out for us with the prompt. We are to write a story/scene about a character who receives devastating news in a telephone conversation. The first part of the story must be dialogue-only, but then we have to write the same story/scene only the second time, we can't use any dialogue.

Tough, tough, tough! And my child had a birthday sleepover party last night and a friend has invited us to her pool tomorrow -- and I'm freaking out a bit with this entry!

The good news: I've just now finished the first draft. And I've been editing and revising as I go, so even though it's a first draft, I have much of the work done. Now, I have tonight and early tomorrow to polish the thing up and submit.

The great thing about this final round is our entries will be anonymous. In other words, we submit to Sara Jean privately, and she'll put our stories in her port with our names taken off them. This is brilliant because voting will be based solely on the merits of the writing and not on whose group turns out the most voters.

I'll link voting info here when I have it. Deadline for our submissions is tomorrow night. Any well-wishes are greatly appreciated! And drop Fyn a note too. She's amazing and I'm thrilled to have my bar raised so high by competing in a contest with her.

Until next time, have a wonderful evening!
*Smile* Nicki *Peace*

© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726201-WDC-Survivor