*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726470-Stephs-book-The-Wolfs-Torment
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#726470 added June 17, 2011 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Steph's book: The Wolf's Torment
I just finished reading Moldavian Moon Book One: The Wolf's Torment by our very own StephBee - House Targaryen .
I found the novel to be absolutely spectacular. Steph made me care for all her characters, especially the antagonist who turned a villain through no fault of his own, and she introduced the many characters in the book without overwhelming the reader. As a result, I can remember every one of them, despite the novel's page-turner quality.

This is the review I left at the Amazon's Site:

Although Wolf’s Torment can be classified as a loosely historical paranormal-romance, the many underlying themes--such as the friendship dynamic, coming of age, family ties and troubles, and facing political realities, sickness, and death--give it a meaning deeper than an average genre book.

The story starts with the crown prince Mihai Sigmaringen’s return home to Moldavia after receiving an education in England. Accompanying him is his best friend, Viktor Bacau, who decides to settle as Mihai’s advisor in Constanta, Moldavia. Viktor falls in love with Mihai’s sister and they get married, as does Mihai to his intended Lady Theresa von Kracken. Mihai is a witch from his mother’s side, and when Viktor gets bitten by a werewolf, all troubles begin.

Through the course of the story, Mihai learns about himself and how to love and keep what and who he really wants in life.

The construction of the novel is superb, and Stephanie Burkhart weaves her intricate plot through every scene, every emotion, every perspective with passion and minute attention to particulars. Every character, even the secondary ones, are drawn with utmost care. After the first few introductory pages, the story never loses its suspense and tension.

This novel is not only a highly entertaining page-turner but also it boasts its author’s mastery of fiction. I loved it.


I am so happy to read our writers here at Writing.com especially when they produce work of such high quality. *Heart*


ASIN: B004YTI3FM
Product Type: Kindle Store
Amazon's Price: Price N/A


© Copyright 2011 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726470-Stephs-book-The-Wolfs-Torment