*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732506-Birthday-Wishes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#732506 added August 26, 2011 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Birthday Wishes
It is our Cindy's birthday. Yesterday was my WDC birthday. The prompt is: If you had three wishes what would you wish for?





How many times I have thought of this question. Usually it is in the form of "What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery?" Pretty much the same chance of happening to me.





I would not waste wishing for world peace. It isn't going to happen. Even if it did happen, it would last for a short time because the hearts of men are continually evil. I would, however, wish for a specific amount of money. Say, whatever Warren Buffet or Bill Gates is worth. Like them there are so many people I know personally that I could help get back on their feet financially. Times are hard right now. I know others that, like ourselves, could use some extra help to make ends meet a little easier.





I am vain. I would wish for what I think is a great body, or a body minus the excess skin flapping around from losing 100+ pounds (years ago). I know that if I could look good I would feel good. On the other hand, I would deny myself to give that gift to both my children who could use that extra help in that area.





I would have a hard time with the last wish. I have a good husband, if I had the money I could provide for my needs and wants beyond my dreams. If I had the self confidence that comes with loving your self first, I would want for nothing. That being said, I would ask for the one thing that would make me the happiest. I want to write a book that is as successful as JKRowling. To come up with an idea that would cause people who never read, to pick up a book and not put it down until it was done.


My son was one of those. He has read the series over and over. I want an idea like that. I love research and it would be so much fun to be infused with an idea that flows on to the pages.





The first two are totally unattainable, but the last one, if given a divine gift, could be accomplished. I have had a couple short stories published. That was quite an achievement for me. Gave me some confidence to continue.





I
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732506-Birthday-Wishes