*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733019-Chocolate-Milk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1807180
Painting with words, some images I run across. Details for future writing. . . .
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#733019 added September 2, 2011 at 6:04am
Restrictions: None
Chocolate Milk
Chocolate Milk


I am an adult female who seeks out chocolate milk on a regular basis. I've been making do with a mini-fridge, and I know my calcuim intake from milk is down drastically. I used to enjoy fresh cold milk daily, but none of the containers are architecturally designed for thr slots and shelves I've got. So for whatever other milk I drink, I look forward to a fresh from the store chocolate milk treat, fresh from the chilled dairy cabinets at my several local grocery stores.

I almost always park in the same space at Albertson's. When you park at the first of the first row outdoors, you still walk a lot. The fill the end of the shoping center, and the store is huge inside. And they've begun a rearrangement off all of their shelves again. My neighborhood Walmart just moved all the shelves--undoubtedly some marketing ploy to divert attention that the size of the packages are changing as well all the prices.

I also buy groceries for my 89-year old Mom, and always the secretary, she uses the back side of my old business cards To record the item she purchses and about how much it costs. I haven't physically added it up, but we all know it's getting harder to make ends meet. Perhaps I can track some of what goes up when. Supply is also on issue.

But this Thursday evening, in September faux-cool in the air as the dark, I declared for my shopping basket, and began my brief journey through the store. Wrestling with the moderately heavy shopping carts, the new ones with the blue handles, I clunked my straw duffle bag into the child seat portion, and entered past the double automatic doors.

They had gelatin fresca, with cream, and I got original, as opposed to the only other choice, mustard (I think another store has dill}, Then I rolled passed some nice looking oranges, but oranges would not slow me to my goal tonight. But they looked nice, and tomorrow is another day. I like oranges, real orange colored ones with thick skins to protect the fruit. I like my vitamin C well padded, and the peels smell okay if you keep 'em around for awhile.

Four, perhaps six doors compose the milk, cream, coffee mates, and whipped creams. Chocolate has it's own case, circa 1953. I sometimes find strawberry marked down fifty cents, and still date fresh. Yes, I do often buy my milk spontaneously, but this was a special trip.

My theory is that I ought to be able to buy a pint of chocolate milk for about a dollar, on any given day. With brand choices come price choices. I haven't investigated the price quality taste issue, as I'm usually hunting fifty cent milk, like I said.

I even consider the shape of the bottle. For one thing, if it spends any time waiting in my little fridge, I have to consider if it will fit regular or only sideways. Chocolate milk is often bought for immediate consumption.

Plus, I have a new kitten. She's been with me about a week now. She white, and she's going to develop Siamese coloring exactly like a cat that was with me twenty years ago. I'm calling her Rainel, or RayNell, but it would be pronounced the same, right?

Oh! Want to interject a personal name thing that'll end up a bit cool perhaps, when someone seaches for Lauren Lauren, Lauren the twin is marrying a Ralph Lauren good looking young male of the species. Anyhow, my pen name has always been Patrice Lauren. I may try including her name in my search boxes to see who I might draw. Every writer wants to be read.

The Moo Juice chocolate milk container looked larger, and had white plastic covering it, while the Bordon's was brown. Bother were the same price. I think Moo Juice is a new distributor or company, because they supply Luby;s chocolate and other milks. I personally don't favor low fat. I also need to get my Lipitor refilled--long excuse why I don't have it, right? Tomorrow.

By the time I gathered bread, hamburger meat, chicken thighs, sour cream, and sufficient cat and dog and bird food for the three day weekend, I check out with the checker, using the new debit card from my new bank. I may lose Rhapsoday and some others in the process. I'm not sure Rhapsoday is worth $10.00 to me.

I brought in four bags of groceries plus a 12 pack of Country Time Lemonade. It was unloaded before I got to settle in with my pint of Chocolate milk. I did indeed, recline on my daybad, and drink the whole thing in one extended sitting. As soon as you've got the first gulp down, you can start the shaking of the bottle. I don't know how much of my pleasure is from the different consistency, or for the delight of a child shaking something that shows effect.

My scene reference would have to be to John Travolta or Uma Thurman in one of their inuendos. M-m-m good sound like Andy Griffin to me. Some people are to youg for that--might be a late 50s reference. And so ends this Thursday, now Friday morning account of my quest for and delight in chocolate milk.


Sunflower seeking -ing

© Copyright 2011 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733019-Chocolate-Milk