*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734247-Thinking-of-Rixy-Missy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1799901
Come sit with me on the porch. We'll sip lemonade and talk. . .
#734247 added September 16, 2011 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking of Rixy (Missy)
I first "met" Rixfarmgirl back when I was a regular judge for several contests.  Later, I associated her name with New Horizons Academy and her classes, Grammar Garden and Punctuation Station.  I was pleasantly surprised this summer when Karen asked me to teach Punctuation Station.  I accepted and Rixy sent all her files to me, along with her sincere offer to help me in any way she could.  Every few days, she'd run across a resource item that she thought I might need, and she would sent it to me.  She wanted to be sure I had everything I needed to teach the class.  I'm certain that she was equally interested in the students' success with the class as she was with my success. 

I didn't have time to get to know her well.  I looked forward to sending her pesky e-mails, asking her what to do about this or that.  I know it was her intention to be there for me as I taught my first session of Punctuation Station.  We only think we are in charge of our lives.  God always has the final say.  He loves us and wants what's best for us.  Of that, I am sure. 

Missy touched many lives while she lived here on earth.  Her life was rich and full.  She gave of herself to others, which is the only way to have a fulfilled life.  Even after thirty-eight years as a teacher, she  wasn't through teaching.  She began teaching at New Horizons and touched the lives of countless students who walked through her classroom door.  At the end of her life, she was still teaching Grammar Garden, and she was teaching me, too.  She will be missed by many.  I am not grieving for Missy, for she is where she was always meant to be.  "This world is not my home.  I'm just a-passing through.  My treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue.  The angels beckon me to that eternal shore, and I can't feel at home in this world, anymore." (from a favorite hymn of mine)

My sorrow is for Missy's loved ones, who will feel an emptiness where she once was.  This hole will not be filled, but time and many tears will heal the gaping wound so that the empty hole no longer aches with such intensity.  The pain will slowly diminish but never disappear.  A time will come when her loved ones can smile at fond memories and cherish the time they had with Missy. 

"Dear Father, bless Missy's family.  Give them a strong faith and the courage to put one foot in front of the other until they regain their strength to move forward with their lives."

 
"Be especially kind, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Gold Prize for Kiya's Blogging Contest--Team Chickadees
~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~


© Copyright 2011 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734247-Thinking-of-Rixy-Missy