*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735423
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mythology · #1814126
Book for my "October NaNoWriMo Prep" project!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#735423 added October 1, 2011 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
October 1st, Premise
Greetings, fellow wanderers along the path of NaNo prep! My premise follows.

Evelyn Sinclair is a woman who wants adventure in her life, but only if it's the kind that doesn't involve too much danger. She works at a big box bookstore because there are no small Mom and Pop stores left in the United States, but her dream is to own a bookstore/Cafe one day. A pan-believer, as she calls herself, nothing is out of the question for her--she truly believes in everything when it comes to faith. She has always felt as though she doesn't belong in this time and as if there's something big that she's missing, and that everything would be OK if she could just figure out what that thing was. Then, one day, she meets someone who turns out to be the Greek Messenger God Hermes, and everything not only changes, it becomes a hell of a lot scarier for poor little Lyn, who never actually thought anything big would happen to her outside of her dreams.

Hermes needs her help. Badly. As do all the gods, who owe their existence to human belief. Without it, not only will they die, they will cease to exist completely, as if they have never been. And someone is trying to destroy the connection between god and humanity. Worse for Evelyn, she isn't even allowed to know who he really is, or else she'll be in even more danger. And even more surprising, there's exactly one entity on the planet with both the power and the inclination to help her: Lucifer, the Morning Star and Father of Lies himself. And Evelyn, who's had the most normal life anyone could ever imagine, suddenly learns more about herself, history, and religion than she ever expected, or believed.
© Copyright 2011 Professor Q (UN: rainangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735423