*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736109
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#736109 added October 10, 2011 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
The Real Thing
"I don't know what the hell I'm feeling anymore. She hasn't offered anything, hasn't given anything. Why should I expect her to change towards me now?"

You love her.

I laugh bitterly. "No. What a joke. Being in love with someone who doesn't love me. How utterly pathetic. What a waste! It's just infactuation. It'll wear off."

Hmm... She drums her nails on my head before whispering in my ear, No it won't because it hasn't yet. You've known her to long for your feelings to fade overnight.

I feel my tears fall before I can stop them. "My feelings will fade. I'll make them. I'll stay away, and then I'll forget her." I sob.

She shakes her head at me, and strokes my head slightly. You can't do that. This is another mountain to climb. Remember?

"I wish I could forget at this point. I've made a mess of things. Between her and me. That's all I seem to do."

Mistakes are made every day in relationships. You have to learn to move past your embarrassments. It doesn't make you weak, or stupid. It just makes you human. And she's made mistakes too.

I shake my head. "I just don't see what I have to offer her. She doesn't need me. She doesn't want me. Tell me what is the point of a one-sided love like that?"

Things are not as one-sided as they appear to be.
© Copyright 2011 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736109