*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736366-Novel-in-a-month-update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#736366 added October 24, 2011 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
Novel in a month update
Here I am almost half way through the month and I have got my story oulined. I went to town on it and filled out pages of outlines, character forms and plotted the story.


BUT! I am second guessing my plot. It was such a good idea, I thought. It isn't just a thriller, or espionage, or supernaturlal, it is all of that. There are religious undertones. I guess it doesn't matter if its good. It is about the dicipline of writing every day. When it is done then the editing starts.


I went to the Portland WORDSTOCK yesterday. I volunteered and met some authors I have never read before; Robert Greer and Pierre Ouellette. Not real talkative, but good authors I guess. I will look them up. They both said they write mysteries, medical, thrillers. Hmm I need to look at that.


I also met a YA writer, andI bought her book and I really like it. The author is R.A. McDonald. The book is called Ada, Legend of a Healer. A pranormal book and it is only 250 pages. I would be done reading it normallay, but I have other things going on so read it just at night. Interesting character. A girl who has the gift of healing. Yet goes on a quest to find her mother who abandoned her.


I met some publishers and self-publishing companies as well as some editors. They offer free reads. I think I will send one of my novels in for a look see. I will read through the Christmas Murder and see if I have mess it up while cutting amd pasting it from WDC to my word. I lost the other copy when we goa new computer. An Apple...not real sold on it yet.





Just a note about the dog. Oreo turned out to be a schnauzer. There might be some Shih Tzu in her but not visible. I had a hard time connecting with her and we did change her name to Ariel as my sister-in-law's dog is Oreo. This dog is 3 yrs old and is a very good dog. Trained for outside but that is all. She doesn't know any tricks and I don't know if she can be trained. I am going to start hand signal training for simple commands like sit, stay and come. I can't believe she would ever nip anyone unless the child was hurting her. She is so good. My husband took to her faster than I did and took her to get a bath and clipped. She is so cute now.I guess we are keeping her.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736366-Novel-in-a-month-update