*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736745
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mythology · #1814126
Book for my "October NaNoWriMo Prep" project!
#736745 added October 12, 2011 at 10:31pm
Restrictions: None
October 13: Supporting Character One
The Basic Facts
Name: Lucien
Pronunciation: Loo-shin
Age: Immortal
City or Area of Birth: A Heaven before Heaven , in time before time
Sex: He has chosen to become male
Height: 6'3 in his chosen form
Weight: 190lbs (again, chosen form)
Hair: Blue-black
Eyes: Cerulean blue, like the sky at noon
Clothes: Typically well-tailored suits, sometimes (rarely) more casual clothing
Marriage Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight. An early experience decided it for him.
Occupation: He is a Prince of Hell, but people have a tendency of thinking he's the King.
Fighting Ability: He can definitely kill you if you want, but he's not particularly violent
Magikal Ability: Angel. What do you think?
Character Description: Lucien, true (and yet adopted/forced upon him) name Lucifer, is an Angelic entity beyond the scope of time and space. He is beyond beautiful to the point of painful perfection in his true form, and only slightly less so in his human construct. Tall, dark, and handsome in every sense of the world; probably the epitome and the genesis of the phrase, actually. He is also stoic and quite aloof, preferring solitude to spending too much time among humans. He is mistakenly believed to be the Father of Lies, the Fallen One Satan, but is, in fact, merely the Snake in Eden who acted under God's orders. Conrad Amitage took revenge on him by ensuring that humans believed he was Satan and would be irrevocably thought of as King of Hell. Thus he is tied to Hell and must witness the worst of human suffering, something that breaks his angelic heart. He once loved greatly and this love sustains him completely.

Familial Relations
Father: God, he supposes
Living/Deceased: Uh, he's GOD
Occupation of Father: God
Mother: God again
Living/Deceased: Same
Parental Marriage Status: Um...they are the same entity.
Occupation of Mother: Let's just assume it's N/A from now on
Sister(s): Well, some Angels have chosen female form...
Age(s): Immortal
Living/Deceased: Immortal
Marriage Status: Marriage?
Brother(s): Some Angels are male by choice
Age(s): Also immortal
Living/Deceased: Really?
Marriage Status: Again...really?
Aunt(s), Uncle(s), Cousin(s), etc: Oh, for Pete's sake.
Other Family Occupations: Angels, dude. A Buddhist concept-turned spectral Christian concept. And one extremely hippie Son.

Relationships with Others
Current Lover/Spouse: None
Best Friend(s): Until he meets Lyn and Hermes, none. He lost pretty much all of his friends when he was forced to abandon Hell.
Other Friends: See above
Past Love(s)/Spouse(s): There was one many years ago.
Worst Enemy: Conrad Amitage and his many other identities
Allies: Not many. He is in an unenviable position of being a good guy stuck in a bad guy's position.
Ability to Make New Friends: I suppose he could if he wanted to, but he doesn't really want to. How do you tell people you're Lucifer?
Other People of Note in Character's Life: He dismissed all of the demons that worked for him, turning them over to Sammael because he could not bear to work with them any long, so...notable people? God? Does God count as people? The Son, he supposes. Sammael.
Reason Why They are Noteworthy: The Son occasionally comes to check up on him to make sure he's alright. When Lucifer was forced to tempt Christ in the desert, the Son took pity on Lucifer, who really didn't want to be there. The last time he'd tempted someone, he'd been acting under God's orders. This time, he was forced to act under a direct order from Sammael. It doesn't happen often; usually only when Lucifer shows up in Hell and Sammael remembers he exists. Otherwise, Lucifer is left alone, and that is why he spends so little time down in Hell, only going down to "recharge" so to speak.

Background
Where Raised: Heaven, if the term raised applies to an Angel of the Lord.
Family Background: He was the entity in the Snake. The name he went by at that time is lost even to him, replaced by Lucifer. He worked as God's sort of tester when God wanted to give Adam and Eve the choice of free will. When Conrad Amitage (in a former guise) decided that he hated Lucifer and blamed him for his curse, Amitage orchestrated the Christian theological debate that ended in Lucifer's fall at the hands of human belief. Since then, he's basically been hiding out on a small island in the middle of nowhere.

Psych Profile
Greatest Joy: It goes back to his time in the garden, when he loved Eve.
Greatest Trauma: Um...being forced to Fall and become a Prince of Hell?
Morals: Actually, Lucifer is in the kind of cool position to be both an Angel and a Demon because of the way things went for him. He has far more Free Will than either, and is far closer to human for it. He can make decisions with the moral absolutism of the Angels and the self-preservationist tendencies of the Demons. It's one of the only good things to have come from his Fall.
Ambitions: He knows he cannot return to Heaven, but he would like to be free from Hell. And to avenge himself upon Amitage. A small dream, one he almost never admits to himself, is to find Eve and love her.
Positive Personality Traits: Once he is in something, he is in it completely, almost without thought for himself. He is prone to loving and kindness, and is very much in sympathy with the travails of the human race.
Negative Personality Traits: He hides himself away from the world and is reticent to get involved in some things for the above reasons. He can be cold and aloof, with a tendency to lose himself in his own history and his own sorrows.
Mannerisms: He is rather quiet, but sincere, in everything he does. And quite gentle, surprisingly. He does have a tendency to come across as rather imperious to new people, though.
Fears, Anxieties: I guess he's afraid of Hell.
Temperament: Calm, aloof, cold, secretive. At least at first. Eventually, if the trust grows, he can be sensitive, supportive, kind, etc.
How Character Displays Emotions: Slowly and with deliberation.
Leader/Follower: Follower. It's in his nature to follow...quite literally.
Perception of Others: He doesn't perceive others, he knows them. It is the reason God chose him to embody the snake and tempt Adam and Eve. It is the reason Sammael chose him to tempt Christ. He knows people.
Perception of Self: Surprisingly, he doesn't attempt to perceive himself much. It's never really been a big deal to him. He is, I guess, afraid of thinking about what he must be...an Angel of the Lord forced to Fall through no fault of his own, retaining some of the old and acquiring much of the new. He doesn't feel badly about himself, but he is not full of false pride, either. I guess he's just...very grounded.
Memories: He has eons of memories. EONS.
Dreams/Plans: Be freed of Hell, find Eve...that's really it. He's not much of a schemer.
How Character Handles Crises: Very well. When you've been around for as long as he has, you've pretty much seen every kind of crises that could possibly happen.
Personality Type: Um...calm?
Most Meaningful Life Experience: Realizing love for the first time. It was new for his Angelic self.
Attitude Toward Others: Um...didn't I answer this, like, 5 times already? Ok, so...he tends to leave them alone and wants to be left alone in return.
Feelings Toward Family: He doesn't have family in the traditional sense.
Feelings Toward Friends: What friends?
Feelings Toward Strangers of the Same Sex: Cold and aloof.
Feelings Toward Strangers of the Opposite Sex: Cold and aloof.
Feelings Towards Enemies: You cannot begin to understand the level of hatred he feels for his enemy. He really only has one.

Any Other Traits of Note: Um...he's got a fondness for hats?
© Copyright 2011 Professor Q (UN: rainangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736745