*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737735-Scratch-This-Off
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#737735 added October 24, 2011 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
Scratch This Off...
...the Old Bucket List!

Yesterday was the Athens Half Marathon, and I not only finished the 13.1 mile course, but I came in under the time goal I'd set for myself. I'd calculated that I'd finish between 2:35:00 and 2:45:00. I crossed the finish line at 2:27:15!! Yay me!

I worried about a lot of things the night before the race. Would I struggle in the last miles? Would I have to (oh God please, no!) use the port-a-potty? Would my knees ache and make me miserable? Would I have to walk up the hills? Would I get sick during or after the race? Would I...? Would I...?

In fact, I felt ridiculously strong and happy during the entire course, from start to finish! I owe it all to the rigorous training I went through, especially all the hill work I did; to the carb-loading I did, starting 48 hours before race time; and to the huge support I received from my family and friends. I enjoyed every minute of the marathon and felt like I could have kept going when I reached the finish. So awesome! Can't wait to sign up for the next one!!

To see a couple pictures from yesterday's race, click this link:



If we're not Facebook friends yet, send me a request while you're there!

Hope you had a fab weekend as well. Did you do anything that lifted your spirits? I'd love to hear all about it!!!

*Cat* Nicki

© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737735-Scratch-This-Off