*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737912
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mythology · #1814126
Book for my "October NaNoWriMo Prep" project!
#737912 added October 26, 2011 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
October 19: Supporting Character Dos
The Basic Facts

Name: Hermes
Pronunciation: Her-meez
Age: Really, really old
City or Area of Birth: In a cave somewhere in Greece
Sex: Male
Skin: Golden Mediterranean awesomeness
Race: Greek god
Height: 6'3
Weight: Um...200lbs? Whatever he wants it to be.
Hair: Golden-brown curls
Eyes: Bright green
Clothes: Well, as a god he has winged sandals, a winged hat, and has a tendency to dress in tunics. When he takes on human form, he can wear whatever he wants to. He's a pretty snappy dresser, actually, and tends to dress like House (jeans, t-shirt under a button-up, a jacket if it's cold, sneakers, etc). Oh, he also as a wand while in god form, called the caduceus.
Marriage Status: He's had many women and many baby-mommas over the years.
Sexual Orientation: Straight. He's pretty sure there are no instances of homosexuality within his own mythos.
Occupation: Greek Messenger God and great Olympian God of animal husbandry, roads, travel, hospitality, heralds, diplomacy, trade, thievery, language, writing, persuasion, cunning wiles, athletic contests, gymnasiums, astronomy, and astrology. He's also the psychopomp of the gods.
Fighting Ability: In actual fighting ability, perhaps not great, but he probably wouldn't fight straight up anyway. He'll trick you into fighting yourself and then deliver the final blow. He's very fit, though, he just prefers to talk his way out of problems.
Magical Ability: Within the numerous fields listed above, he is top notch. You'll never need money with Hermes, or have a problem with communication or writer's block (don't tell the Muses that last one, though).
Character Description: Hermes is a very handsome man preferring to appear young, somewhere within his late twenties. He remains clean-shaven and has very regular, attractive features, so that it is completely apparent why he is able to charm nearly any young lady he notices. Fit and lean, he is a man who dearly loves a laugh and is a veritable wordsmith. It is nearly impossible to get your way with him, especially if he isn't inclined to do so. He is great fun, but also quite dangerous, which a lot of people underestimate. Especially as he is so very, very charming.

Familial Relations
Father: Zeus
Living/Deceased: Living
Occupation of Father: King of the Olympians
Mother: Maia
Living/Deceased: Sort-of Living
Parental Marriage Status: Not much, yeah. It was kind of one of Zeus's many P.I.M.P. moments.
Occupation of Mother: Random woman #4
Sister(s): How many daughters does Zeus have?
Age(s): Immortal
Living/Deceased: Living
Marriage Status: Some are married, some are virgins, some do whatever the heck they want
Brother(s): Again, Zeus had a lot of sons.
Age(s): Immortal
Living/Deceased: Living
Marriage Status: Mini-P.I.M.P.s, except for Hephaestus, who is married to Aphrodite
Aunt(s), Uncle(s), Cousin(s), etc: SO MANY
Other Family Occupations: Gods and Goddesses

Relationships with Others
Current Lover/Spouse: None. He's a little busy.
Best Friend(s): Lyn (by the end of the story)
Other Friends: Apollo, Lucifer, Loki, Thor
Past Love(s)/Spouse(s): Aphrodite...ok, I can't remember them all, but there's a lot.
Worst Enemy: Hera? I dunno. He has a habit of making people like him.
Allies: Anyone he wants to be one.
Ability to Make New Friends: Really, really, really easily
Other People of Note in Character's Life: His mama.
Reason Why They are Noteworthy: Well, she did give birth to him.

Background
Where Raised: First in a cave, then on Olympus, located in what is called the Greek Court, Twilight.
Family Background: Gods? of Greece? Don't we all learn the myths in English class?

Psych Profile
Greatest Joy: Knowing even a semblance of his old power
Greatest Trauma: Losing said power
Morals: Whatever he wants them to be. They're kind of slippery.
Ambitions: To save his kind from nonexistence, at least as far as my novel goes.
Positive Personality Traits: Charming, Friendly, Intelligent, Witty, Funny, Handsome, Athletic, etc.
Negative Personality Traits: He's a liar and a thief, completely untrustworthy (unless he wants to be), changeable, rather fickle, unreliable (unless he wants to be or if you are Zeus and he has to be). But that's just who he is.
Mannerisms: He always seems to know what he is doing, but has a bit of a frat boy attitude and way of doing things.
Fears, Anxieties: He is afraid he won't exist any longer...I'd say that's the big one.
Temperament: He's a trickster. His temperament is whatever he wants it to be, love.
How Character Displays Emotions: With those he loves and respects? Sincerely. But it takes a lot to get to that stage, as it means he has to fight against his very nature. The "lean years" of faith have actually made it easier to do that, since belief is a lot more generalized.
Leader/Follower: Leader if necessary.
Perception of Others: Usually people to be manipulated.
Perception of Self: Awesome
Memories: Thousands and thousands of years of them exist in that head of his. Don't ask.
Dreams/Plans: Save the world, save himself, save his kind...have a bitchin' Super Bowl party.
How Character Handles Crises: Very, very well.
Personality Type: A++
Most Meaningful Life Experience: Meeting his Eve
Attitude Toward Others: Whatever they want it to be.
Feelings Toward Family: He is loyal to family, insofar as a trickster god can be.
Feelings Toward Friends: Loyal, loyal, loyal
Feelings Toward Strangers of the Same Sex: Possible rivals.
Feelings Toward Strangers of the Opposite Sex: Possible lovahs.
Feelings Towards Enemies: Possibly dead.
© Copyright 2011 Professor Q (UN: rainangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737912