*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737918
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mythology · #1814126
Book for my "October NaNoWriMo Prep" project!
#737918 added October 26, 2011 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
October 22: V.I.O. (Very Important Object)
The apple is very, very red. But it is not really an apple. It only became so because so many people belief that it should be so. Milton has had a greater affect on the Fall of Humanity than anyone could ever know, changing so much that the story has become almost unrecognizable for what it is. The reason for its importance is not that it is an apple, but rather that it isn't. It isn't round and red, without blemish, with a stem sticking out of the dimple in its top. It isn't delicious and juicy, at once crisp and soft, the flesh spreading over your tongue as a reminder of how perfect God's creation really is. It is none of these things.

You only remember it this way because he made you. He got in with Milton, blind bastard that he was, and changed everything that poor John could never had written for himself. He changed every idea, every point, undoing every piece of true prophesy with which the Son had blessed our new-age Tiresias. No matter his Father's proscription, the Christ had never been very good at distancing himself from humanity. He had been one himself, after all, for thirty-three years. Conrad Amitage, called somewhat different then, stole the truth from you.

Instead, he gave you an apple. And he gave you comforting lies, continuing a lifetime (several lifetimes, actually) of blatant disregard for the truth, destroying the lives of his supposed enemies as he went. Stealing your ability to choose.

That apple you are eating, feeling sin and delicious rebellion fissure down your spine, is what he gave you instead of truth, instead of choice, instead of wisdom.

He has controlled and changed you all. And that is the apple.

(Believe it or not, this took 15 minutes to write. I promise. I wrote it by hand and typed it up.)
© Copyright 2011 Professor Q (UN: rainangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737918