*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737965
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mythology · #1814126
Book for my "October NaNoWriMo Prep" project!
#737965 added October 27, 2011 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
October 25: Outline del Quatro
To recap from last time (so y'all don't have to read the whole damn thing again):

Lucifer and Hermes want to know how Adam plans to enact his plan, but Lyn reveals that she's not sure. He has an ally, but this ally remains in shadow so Lyn doesn't know who she is, just that she's a she. And this plan hinges upon a knowledge that this ally possesses, which is why Conrad Amitage Inc exists. Adam is searching for a particular time and place, a time and place perfect for the transfer of this knowledge, which Adam would then use to enact his plan. Whatever this knowledge is, it is earthshaking and it must be, since it's probably going to cause the end of the world. Lyn reveals that the date Adam needs to find this place by is the equinox, two weeks away, but she doesn't know where this place is because Adam isn't, either. Lucifer and Hermes both dispatch friends and underlings to keep an eye on Conrad Amitage just in case he moves. Then they set down to wait. Eve and Lucifer come to terms with their new found relationship, which Eve is having problems doing because she keeps remember that she's going to die and he never is. And every time she dies, she's going to forget him and he isn't...'cause God is not likely to undo the punishment. Which begs the question: what are they going to do about Adam?

Lucifer feels that, if they can stop the transfer of knowledge, they can appeal to Christ, who is occasionally willing to go against the Father's wishes and aid humanity. This is especially true as Adam's plans would not just affect Adam, Eve, and the gods, but all of humanity, for whom Christ harbors a soft spot (since he was one). So their plan is to get to the place where Adam and his ally are going to conduct their information transfer and stop it from happening. The easiest way to do this is simply to kill Adam and then, while Adam is in the process of being reincarnated as per the punishment, appeal to the Higher Courts for assistance. They believe this because Adam and Eve do not have to die at the same time for their punishments to continue unchanged, but to attempt to change anything for one or the other would also be to countermand God's will, which would likely not ingratiate the Father to their cause. Also, they're pretty sure his ally is demonic in nature, as only a demon would want to end the world and would also have the power to hide herself and Conrad, so killing her is out. So, as soon as they hear back as to what the location of the transfer is, they will go there and set up early in order to ambush the pair. Lyn is not particularly thrilled with this plan, being that it's not terribly well thought through and it depends on her being able to kill someone. Oh yeah, Lucifer and Hermes both insist that it has to be Eve doing the killing as only she can end one of Adam's lives prematurely. They've each died of old age (or old age related things when people only lived to 40) and not been murdered or whatnot as they can only be killed by the other.

So, Lucifer and Eve come to terms with their relationship, Lyn eventually reconciling the fact that she shouldn't give up love simply because she is going to die. Especially since she's going to come back a couple years later (at most--sometimes it's almost immediate reincarnation) and then Lucifer will find her again. She won't remember him, but she secretly begins harboring a hope that as reward for her service, Christ might convince God to let her remember Lucifer so she won't miss any time with him in each life. It is a silly hope she thinks, but it is her hope nonetheless. It is the only thing she would want from anyone for anything. Not success, not for her parents to accept her despite being "disappointing": she wants to remember the man she loves. One day, a few days before the equinox, Lucifer asks Lyn to marry him, knowing that they shouldn't waste any time and hoping that, should anything go wrong, the connection and joining of their souls in an official ceremony might have an affect on things. Lyn jokes that theirs is a very romantic relationship, but agrees because she understands that Lucifer is trying anything he can not to lose her. So they get hitched the day before they have to go face Adam, not knowing what was going to happen or even if it's going to end with Lyn's death.

During the wedding plans (which definitely help pass the time), one of Lucifer's minions (a shadow demon), spying on Conrad Amitage Inc informs them that there is a place--a field in which only a single field grows. It's in South England. The ley lines come together in such a manner that this one tree can be used to proximate the Tree of Knowledge in a spiritual manner. In essence, for the purpose of whatever spell Adam and his ally are going to do, they will use the tree as a focal point, essentially giving it the power of the real Tree of Knowledge (lost to Adam and all of humankind) for the duration of said ritual. Thus, this tree becomes the point at which the spell had its genesis (no pun intended). There, the ally will say a word to Adam, which Adam will then use to undo the curse and return humanity to a state of grace. Fresh off wedding awesomeness, Lucian, Lyn, and third wheel Hermes (he does NOT feel like a third wheel) journey to said tree in order to wait for the sunrise (as such a thing can be done only at sunrise and sunset, when darkness and light are at their equinox) and Adam (along with his ally).
© Copyright 2011 Professor Q (UN: rainangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737965