*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738064
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mythology · #1814126
Book for my "October NaNoWriMo Prep" project!
#738064 added October 28, 2011 at 6:52pm
Restrictions: None
October 28: Interview
Me: Good Evening, Ms. Sinclair.

Lyn: Hey. Good Evening to you, too.

Me: So, you've just ended your great adventure...

Lyn: *interrupting* I'd say it's just beginning. I finally have my memories back and I know who I am. And I'm married to a wonderful entity whom I get to spend the rest of eternity with. Adam is stuck in limbo, Lilith is finally the equal of the man she loves and who loves her back, and Hermes can tap into the power source of Angels as reward for his help. Not to mention I get the run of the Twilight. Like I said, my great adventure is just beginning.

Me: Well, I guess that takes care of that. *laughs* But, really, how do you feel you've changed during the course of your journey?

Lyn: Personally, I don't feel I have changed that much. At most, I've learned to accept myself a lot more. I don't think I do things any differently or that I am interested in different things. I mean, I still snort when I laugh, I make stupid jokes based on novels, and I still eat lo mein in front of the TV every Saturday. The biggest change is that I no longer feel like I'm a disappointment. I know myself and, now, I can accept myself for who I am. As my sister would say, I'm not uneasy in my bones no more.

Me: Speaking of your sister, how do you feel that you can no longer see your family?

Lyn: I'd really rather not talk about it. I miss them. I miss them more than I can say. And I'd give anything to say good-bye to them. The only solace I can take is that, at least in their minds, I died in the search of a better life. I just hope my parents...*sniffle* I hope that they aren't blaming themselves. They weren't horrible people, all told. They just wanted something better for me than I wanted for my self. *despondent chuckle* Well, I guess I got what they wanted in the end, yeah?

Me: Apologies for forcing you to talk about that, Ms. Sinclair.

Lyn: *weak smile* It is a punishment. But it is a small one, all told. It is a token of a punishment, given more because there had to be one than because it was felt I deserved one. Adam's is much worse. He has to remember and feel every bit of suffering he has ever caused in a never-ending cycle. He is stuck in limbo. I am "stuck" with the man I love. The memory of the pain I have caused my family will likely fade in time. Adam's punishment is forever.

Me: But aren't you now tied to Hell, just like Lucifer?

Lyn: It is horrible. I've been once, to acclimate myself to gathering energy from the Twilight, and...*breaks off and stares into nothing, perhaps envisioning the horrors of Hell* I suppose that's the long-term punishment. As more of my humanity ebbs away--and I suffer from no delusions about that--the loss of my family will sting less, but the horrors of Hell will remain.

Me: So, seriously, how is life for you now?

Lyn: *grinning* It's amazing! Lucian--Lucifer--and I are honeymooning. He's taking me all over the place! So far, we've seen all of the British Isles, North America, and Iceland. We're doing Scandinavia now. Hermes came down when he hit Norway, bringing Loki with him and Loki's been showing us all over. I can't get pregnant as far as I know...*sad look* but Luce and I have been trying all the same. *exaggerated wink* All the adventures! The one hope I have is that nothing ever loses its magic. And that people never stop writing. I'm even thinking of writing a novel myself. But I have my husband and my friends, and I have a place in the world that is all my own. So...I am happy. Despite the punishments, despite the hardships...I am really, really happy.

Me: That's wonderful. I am truly happy for you, Ms. Sinclair. Well, I guess that's it for now. I will return you to your baby-making.

Lyn: *laughs* Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

Me: You, too, Ms. Sinclair.

FIN
© Copyright 2011 Professor Q (UN: rainangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Professor Q has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738064