*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740339
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1826612
The Eternal Night is coming, can they stop it before it destroys everything?
#740339 added January 5, 2014 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter II-A New Discovery
In the past half a month his features have changed dramatically. His eyes looked more catlike, wild, and yellow. His hair was down to his midback, a light silk black, he had more muscle tone to him now and wore his new royal like sword with a king's pride. He drew the long slender blade from its silver shealth to reveal a sword that was made with a darker shade of silver and a sparkling, gorgeouse diamond on its hilt. It was a spectacular view that no man nor almost any other creature could compare with. The sword was flawless, perfect length and thin, but still sturdy and sharp enough to slice through the hardest substance on the planet; it was made to the same perfection as Garen's elven blade. He walked over to Becky, his sword still drawn, and drove it into her wound. Garen, Cody and Ax all started to say something, but Becky's screams drowned their voices away. The sword started to glow a bright silver and they could all smell the wretched burning of flesh as she passed out from the pain.


"You're making it worse!" shouted Garen, not being able to move from his shock.


"No," said Neotasha simply, almost bored. "I'm healing what Black Fire cannot, now leave me to my business."


He pulled the sword out when it stopped glowing and when he pulled it out, there wasn't the slightest hint of stabbing a wounded shoulder, no blood was on the sword and none came out of the wound. He put the sword back into its magnificint shealth and knelt down to assess the wound. It wasn't black and as ugly as it had been before, but instead, a deep shade of purple and yellow, it was still nasty and not fully cured but looked better than before and didn't look near as fatal.


"Her infection will be slowed," said Neotasha, "but we still need to get her to a proper healer."


"Where the hell have you been lately?" Garen asked angrily.


"That, I will tell at another, more appropriate time," replied Neotasha.


"You can't just disappear then jump out of a try and heal Becky, not expecting to explain yourself," Garen shot back.


"Yes," he simply said and turned around walking away from the Lightouse. "Now if you want to get to the next Lighthouse in less than a year this time, I suggest you don't argue anymore and get moving."


"But-"


"He's right, Garen," choked Becky, surprising the group. "I trust him, and we need to...keep moving."


"Save your breath, Becky," Garen said, placing a soft, gentle hand on her forehead, then looking at Neotasha, "Okay then, we'll move on with you."


They headed out, leaving their failure behind them and went in the direction of the next Lighthouse, the Green Fire Lighthouse. The agreed to walk until the Near Star reached its higest point or they reached a village and the walk was quite akward. Ax carried Becky on his back as she slept, but he, along with Cody, could almost smell Garen's anger at Neotasha. They walked for about an hour or so when Becky started shaking and coughing. Ax lifted her off his back and set her on the ground gently watching her shake with his concerned brown eyes.


"Look at her wound," Neotasha said quickly.


Garen ran over and tore open her shirt and took the bandages off that Neotasha had placed there. Her wound was a beet red and was crawling down her arm and also growing toward her heart and if the infection got that far she would most certainly die.


"I thought you healed her," said Cody roughly, grimmacing at the wound.


"I said I slowed the infecting, it seems Kyle put a powerful poison in the arrow before shooting it back," Neotasha answered. " I'm not an official healer so I couldn't fix everything."


Neotasha place his hands over her shoulder and a silvery rain fell from them onto her wound, trying to heal it agian. As he did this, she started thrashing her head back and forth screaming in pain and for him to stop. She began sweating heavily and reached up for Neotasha's collar, her gentle blue eyes filled with tears about to fall, making contact with his bright yellow ones.


"Neotasha," she barely breathed out, "please stop..the pain, it hurts."


"I have to do this, Becky," he said, grabbing gently to her hand and removing it from himself, the sadness clear in his voice. "You'll die if I don't."


"Yeah," she whisperd and passed out, her head dropping to the side.








"That was completely uncalled for, Kyle!" screamed Elyk.


"Now calm down, brother," Kyle said holding his hand up to silent him. "I only want to drive some fear into their hearts."


"You, drive...what?" Elyk stuttered. "And put that hand down before I remove it from your body."


Kyle laughed shortly, then looked at Elyk in the eyes, walking toward him. "You honestly think you're strong enough to do something like that to me anymore?"


Elyk held up two fingers, the ground around them started shaking and a circle of wind was forming around him, "Only one way to find out."


Kyle waved his hand a little harder then at the Lighthouse and caused Elyk to go flying through the air. "Now come at me, Elyk, and show me how weak you really are." He tilted his head down a bit as an evil grinned formed acrossed his lips.








"She hasn't moved since you healed her last and that was a couple of days ago now," said Garen in a worried tone," is she still alive?"


"Yes, she is plenty alive," Neotasha said calmly. "I put her in a deep coma so she wouldn't have to deal with the pain." He looked over at their confused faces. "It's a term used in the very distant future for someone pretty much in a deep sleep."


"Wait, future?" asked Cody, undoing Becky's bandage to examine the wound.


"Yes, elves have the capability of dreaming the future at times, along with certain Fire Raiders."


"Wait again, elf?" Cody said now assessing the reddish and black wound.


"Yes, I'm an elf," Neotasha said, then seeing the questioning look on Cody's face, he added, "before you 'wait' one more time, let me tell you that it is too much to explain right now. I'll explain my whole story in due time."


Cody was about to counteract this statement, but Garen cut him saying, "Alright, Neotasha. I trust you."








Elyk slid across the ground on his hands and feet, blood dripping from his mouth slowly. Kyle was standing ten or so yards away, his first two fingers pointing at Elyk without a mark on him. Elyk made a motion to get up but was flown to his right with a simple flick of Kyle's fingers.


"You see, brother, there really is no way for you, or Nerag, to stop me. No matter how hard you try it won't work, that mask no longer has the power to control me."


As Kyle finished his sentence, he felt a strong force push him roughly to the ground causing him to release his hold on Elyk. He tried his hardest to move, but the harder he fought the stronger the force held him down.


"That may be true about the mask, Kyle," said Kye's voice from the doorway, Nerag's growl chuckling from behind him. "But in all reality, you fail to forget who your true master really is; me. If you wish to defy my orders anymore, I will not hesitate to kill you. Slowly. Painfully."


"And you fail to forget, master," said Kyle struggling with himself to get up, "that you need me and that I was the one who requested that none of you kill or attack them."


Kyle broke himself free of his restraints and walked out of the room, giving one last glare at his master, Kye. He walked down the empty hallway, the sound of his boots echoing around as they made contact with the ground. He turned to his left and opened a door into what seemed to be a torture chamber. He slowly walked toward the woman crouching in the middle of the floor, his head cocked slightly to the side and an evil grin forming across his lips again. He crouched down and tilted her head up gently.


"It's a shame he couldn't save you this time around," he said, looking into the deep brown eyes of the woman with a twisted smile. These eyes were hurt on the inside, permantely scared by the things that she had been through, the eyes that would never be her's again, the eyes of Marry.








"Monia should be just over this hill," said Neotasha, now carrying Becky over his shoulder. "Then we can get Becky here almost fully cured."


"Are there elves there?" Garen asked.


"Yes," said Neotasha, "two very great healers."


The four of them made it up to the top of the hill to look down at a small village of no more than eighty people. It almost resembled Kio in structure, which made Garen wonder how old this village really was. They started their decent down the hill and came up to the entrance of the village. The people they saw all greeted them gracefully and all wanted to help Becky with worried expressions on their faces, Neotasha telling them it was alright, that they already had their healers. He walked into the last building of the village, went staright to the back and placed Becky on a table next to two men dressed in royal looking robes. The men looked down at her, placed their hands over Becky's wound and started chanting something under their breath that the others couldn't understand.


"What are they doing?" asked Cody.


"They're healing her," Neotasha said, examining their work. "These are the Great Twin Healers, the only twins to have ever been born amongst the Elven race. They're old, very old. The chant you hear now is an ancient Elven language that few can understand now. They will not be able to heal her completely; in their growing age, it's hard to be perfect. She will have difficulties with her shoulder until we reach Adsmeria, but it won't be anything deadly."


"Did you just say Adsmeria?" asked Garen.


"Yes, why do you ask?"


"Mr. Killimore told us it was an ancient Elven city and that no other city could stand in comparison to it. He said it was a lost city to the humans."


"Oh, it is quite lost to the humans," Neotasha replied. "We hid ourselves from the humans long ago, fearing their violence and quests for power. But when I was sent to Kio to protect the Tablets, I found that not all humans are bad, in fact, no one in Kio was."


"Why?" asked Garen.


"Care to clarify."


"Why hide who you are and what you were doing?"


"That story is for another time, for now, we must worry about making it to Adsmeria."


"Just consider this a new discovery for now, Garen."


"Becy!" Garen said, happily, everyone else running over to the table to see how she was.


"Yes, Becky," she said with a smile. "You boys can't get rid of me that easily."


She hopped down from the table and rubbed her shoulder, with her smile growing, "I feel great. Now we need to carry on our mission." She trotted off toward the door and stopped to look back at the men still standing there, folding her arms. "Now come on, boys, we don't have all year this time." And she left the building, the rest of them following, forgetting all about their new discovery of Neotasha being an elf.
© Copyright 2014 Kyle Peterson (UN: kybaby40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kyle Peterson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740339