*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740436-NaNo-2011---Done
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#740436 added November 26, 2011 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
NaNo 2011 - Done!
I can’t believe I finished my NaNo novel. It happened, thanks to the "October Novel Prep Challenge here in WdC. In the beginning of the month, I fell back because I got busy with other things. Then I panicked, thinking I’d never see the end of this book. So I went at it. There was a day when I wrote 4000 words, unheard of where I am concerned. Then the rest of it came like raveling a knitted item. I even wrote a chapter on Thanksgiving, late in the evening. Another first for me.

The book needs some TLC, but I enjoyed writing it and it gives the message I wanted it to give...I think.
"Rocky Road (2011 NaNo)

As to TLC, in other words revision, I’m really bad at that. So waiting is the game, at this point, as it has been with my other novels. Of all types of writing, I enjoy novels the best, sans the revision. Novels work in (and under) so many different levels.

Writing the NaNo novel meant not writing anything else, minus the reviews. That is why this blog got the utmost neglect.

Anyway, it was a good two months: the first, with the prep; the second, writing the novel itself. I enjoyed this year's NaNo better than the last two when I flailed at the end not knowing how to do the ending. This year I did. Thus the actual writing was much easier.

Well, best of luck to all the NaNoers who are still writing. May all your novels shine! *Smile*
 ~
 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2011 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740436-NaNo-2011---Done