*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740674-I-wrote
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#740674 added November 29, 2011 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
I wrote!
And I wrote, and I wrote, and I WROTE!  I finished my  NaNo novel in 17 days, and I couldn't have done it without the help and wonderful October NaNo prep organized and run by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ !  Every time I finished prepping something, I thought of something else.  I kept writing until it was time to write.  And the novel flew off of my fingers and right onto the computer screen!  I finished in 17 days, despite the fact that I traveled, and my brand new Netbook refused to charge, and my kids had time off of school . . . I just could not stop! 

It's a Young Adult story, and the working title is Prince(ss) Alexandra.  On the most basic level, it's the story of a Princess who wants to be King.  But the real meaning of the story is much deeper.  It's a story about how our dreams and hopes and desires do not necessarily match the dreams and hopes and desires that others have for us.  And how we can overcome those obstacles despite societal and familial pressures.  I have three stories planned, and each of the characters will hopefully be fully developed by the time I'm done wrestling with the story.

I've never had the feeling before that I just could not feel happy unless I was writing.  So I finished the first draft of my NaNo novel, and I promised myself I would not look at it for 2 weeks.  People have told me it should be 2 months.  I'm not sure if I can stand it! 

I've written three short stories about my characters (definitely not in the same genre, but they will nicely fill in some backstory that will help me rewrite and move forward).  And I've written the first in probably another trilogy of short stories featuring different characters altogether.  And it's time for me to start prepping for book two in my Prince(ss) Alexandra Trilogy.  I've been taking notes and more notes and then a few more notes thrown in for good measure.  I want to start working on character studies for the new characters that will show up in the next book, and tweak the ones for the characters who grew and changed as I wrote the first story.  It's so exciting watching them take on lives of their own . . . halfway through the book I realized I had a character MISSING, and by the time I was done, and had started rethinking and plotting the rewrite, he was so integral to the story that I couldn't imagine it without him!  And he truly snuck in the back door when I wasn't paying attention.

So maybe this means I'll be blogging more, since I need to write write write!

Moulin Rouge quote

© Copyright 2011 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740674-I-wrote