*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741697-QUILL-AWARD-NOMINATIONS
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#741697 added December 13, 2011 at 2:15pm
Restrictions: None
QUILL AWARD NOMINATIONS
You see, I already wrote this entry, many hours ago. It was pretty good too. And lo and behold, I forgot to click something, move something, save where it says SAVE at the bottom.  My post vanished, poop, pickled, flew upstream with those errant Wally World balloons that are bought and then kids with ice cream seem to let lose of the precious cheap string holding the helium holders together.

I went off on a tangent, didn't I?

But, hey I just want the new folks around here to realize that not everything on this site is easy to find. I have been a member here since 2005. I never heard of the Quill Awards, had no clue, never glimpsed "Quill" in any news or article.  But, guess what?  For the year 2010 I was nominated for a Quill Award!  I was nominated under the category: Best Forum (no contest) for my long running  "Nancy's Poetry Review Forum".  Now, THAT was exciting. The Quill troops even sent me a beautiful banner with a feathered quill dipped in a inkwell, with the logo.."2010 Quill Award Nominee".

Because I had never heard of these Wdc site awards, it didn't matter one bit whether I lost or won or broke even. It was just a thrill that someone took the time to go to the nomination page and place my Forum into consideration. Now I am considered an alumni of the group. I don't believe I ever was part of a "group". I was shy and mouthy at the same time.  but, I look back at getting that e-mail, and it brings me the same thrill I experienced then.
Yes, these are not the Tony Awards, nor the Oscars. And Forget The Pulitzer Prize. But it is OUR little effort (or those who began this tradition) to neither judge nor offer gushng praise to the work. It states these awards are a way to recognize the fine writers and artists who toil each day. The awards also bring this community together, for we all have come across many of the winners of the past few years. Awards are fine, I suppose Frost and Oliver and Morrison could have pumped up their egos for quite awhile after winning a Pulitzer.
But, I sincerely doubt it. For those named are authors, poets, writers, following their "calling" however known or shown to them by God or by their 4th grade teacher. 

And to make it very clear, the Writing Site we belong with, have signed up for, have paid yearly membership "donations" to keep the webmaster, the domain site, and the abundance of parties happening here - - well (in my opinion) have some of the most talented writers I have had the pleasure to meet, greet, and laugh with. I also have had so much pleasure reading not only good poetry, but GREAT poetry. If any of my readers care to Google other writing sites, they will find..1) You must pay first - before the big-wigs tell you how great you are.  2) read a few of the "poems" under such inventive themes as: "I lost my true love";  "Death";  "Romance'.  Read a few of these poems, and even you newbies will gasp at writers who lack the basic skills; or who vent merely to shock with much of their language.

Yes, I am being snippy. But I did my research, and instead of competitiveness, Writing.Com members are a community that encourages, are critical when need be, yet open their doors to classes, advice, consultation, and inclusiveness.

Quill Nominations for 2011 are now in process. I'm not sure of who can nominate or who does the judging. But check out the Quill Pages. At the top, search for Quill Awards or Quill Nominations, and find out who and what hve already received nominations. Next year, there will be a live presentation (a live award ceremony) at a specified place on this site, where you can be part of the action, applaud the fine writers, and, read some of these trememdous works. 

Remember: You ARE a writer. If a stranger asks you what you do, tell them..."I am a writer"!


© Copyright 2011 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741697-QUILL-AWARD-NOMINATIONS