*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741910-Decisions-decisions---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#741910 added December 16, 2011 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Decisions, decisions . . .
My cousin had a baby last night!!! *Delight* Across the country.  *Cry*

So I spent last night debating, crying, driving myself basically insane, trying to decide whether to fly out there during the height of the holiday season to be there for his bris.  On the 23rd.  Of course, I really wanted to be there for her as her doula, but somehow I knew there was no way to make that work.  I'm not quite as concerned for a few reasons.  Number one, this isn't her first, so it's not all totally new to her.  Number two, I know her mother-in-law will be extremely involved in making sure she has everything she needs.  Number three, another close friend of ours had a baby a few months ago, so she has a close source of info on things like nursing in particular (I helped her with that quite a bit last time, but it WAS almost 10 years ago). I sent her an email this morning telling her she can call me any time of the day or night if she has any questions.

In any case . . . I'm not going.  Flights are ridiculous, I couldn't find anything direct that wasn't DOUBLE ridiculous, and traveling during the holidays just does not give me the warm fuzzies.  Especially not the warm part, since I'd be heading to the northeast.

So I'll probably be sad for the next week, but I know she's well loved and I'll get out there as soon as I possibly can to meet my new little cousin.  Who has spiky strawberry blonde hair (hoooray!) and the cutest little piggie toes.  The kids were tickling the photo of his feet last night, on the computer.  *Heart*


© Copyright 2011 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741910-Decisions-decisions---