*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742287-Christmas-is-almost-here
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#742287 added December 21, 2011 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas is almost here
I am sorry I haven't written anything in over a month. I finished my novel and accomplished the full 50K! I am so proud of myself. November was crazy! besides having to write about 2k words per day I had weekends filled with decorating 5 acres of grounds in prep of our annual Christmas on the Campgrounds. There was a huge space that had to have trees put up and decorated as a winter wonderland. This was the staging area for the Walking Nativity and the two "hay" rides. One was pulled by a "train engine" that pulled a wagon. The kids loved that one. There was a horse drawn buggy that was a wonderful ride. The path was through the camping part of the grounds where a number of cabins had been decorated by members of the church in a contest. The winner was done as an Indian village with tents lit from the inside with white Christmas lights, there was a Bible and Cross and manger at the beginning of the section and a Sasquatch stealing presents at the end. It was over the top and deserved the First Place prize they won. The others were well done and fun to see.


Then Thanksgiving came on us and after the big day it was back to finishing the Decorating for the next two days. Then a mad dash of writing to finish my last 2500 words by the 30th. I made it and sighed but it wasn't for long as the lighting ceremony was Dec 4 and the actual event was Dec 9-11. I was there every night to take a turn at one and a half hours of greeting guests, answering questions and directing them to the activity choices.


With that over it was just one week to the Christmas Music Concert Dec 18th. I was in charge of the drama portion. Picking the players (who weren't tired from the previous week) A set of Shepherds, Wisemen, Mary and Joseph as well as a prophet and candle lighter. Oh and a serviceman to light the Candle for peace. After setting up the stage twice and running round the church an number of times to make sure everyone went in and out of the scenes at the right time I was tired. We then left church to host a small party of 10 at our house. I am so thankful for a husband that set a perfect table and greets the guest and makes sweet breads to serve. I was exhausted and took Monday off work and did nothing but eat and watch Christmas movies all day!


If you want to see the result of my work you can see pictures posted on FaceBook at Christmas on the Campgrounds. There is a picture of me as the greeter by my friend Tove. Bless her Heart!. Then if you would like to see a wonderful Christmas Musical called JOY JOY JOY go to www.apostolicfaith.org and at the home page there is a blue banner that says Podcasts and Videos. You will see Christmas Concert listed. If you watch you will see me (in black) adjusting the red runner and trying to get people in and out of scenes. Don't look to close.


I hope all who read this know that I love what I am asked to do! I do it with a willing heart and I am so blessed when it is over and others enjoy the result.


I will be working on the revision of my book this coming year. I have done 2 chapters but after this 2nd draft I will have some friends read it and give reviews and critique to make it better so it will be ready for submission or self publishing.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742287-Christmas-is-almost-here