*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742847-Psyching-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#742847 added December 31, 2011 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
Psyching Up
Psyching Up

Today I was thinking about my class the Exploratory Writing Workshop. Actually everything I have written at this site is of a much larger scope than the workshop. I have close to 350 items and many connect with the novel I am planning to write. The hard part was learning to write the sensual prose. I have been experimenting for a couple of years and understand better how to write it at least to my satisfaction… I know there are those who disagree and see my efforts as remedial at best however, I am satisfied. The sensual prose is only a small part but a part that needs to be artfully done. It needs to leave no doubt but it needs to have a certain poetic elegance. It is like the yeast in the dough.

Anyway today all the threads began coming together and the synapses have began to form in my mind. I think I know where all this is heading. So I will teach he class once or twice and students will have a chance to join me in a journey to study how the process works. Concurrently I will be taking the class as a shadow and developing various parts and components that will be fitted into the overall structure when I sit down to write my tale in phase 2. I might even allow the students to watch over my shoulder so to speak. Thus I am not telling but showing as best I can how this mechanism works.

It is amusing to sit thinking about something that seems to go nowhere and suddenly see it flash together. To see the connection between Manny Hardin, my fantasy novels and some of the sensual prose ideas I have been experimenting…. Actually this whole experience at WDC has been an experiment and in the process I have learned more things about writing than I can recount. However what really gave ignition to all of it was the novel I read recently…

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742847-Psyching-Up