*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743580-Synchronized-Sleeping-Dogs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#743580 added January 7, 2012 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
Synchronized Sleeping Dogs
Synchronized Sleeping Dogs

I just finished the second book in Hunger Games. I thought the books were entertaining and look forward to the third. What I best was the relationship between the CC and Rue and how the story played out when the train visited her home district in book two. What the author captured was something extremely powerful that really touched me emotionally.

Today Mark and I got a piece of equipment running called a “Holder Equipment Carrier. It was my shop project in tech school after I retired. The best way to describe it is as a small one person, articulating, diesel powered side walk snow blower used by municipalities to clean sidewalks and curbs in areas that get significant amounts of seasonal snow fall. I have used it as a tree cutting aid and to skid trees out of areas that have a difficult access. It has been very handy.

After getting that up and running and over to Marks, he helped me get my 40 Ford chassis and engine loaded onto my trailer. I will be taking it to Pfeiffer’s on Monday. It is a beautiful day here in central Wisconsin and when I finish I’ll be watching the playoff games.

Next week Linda will be going to Atlanta to visit her parents. I told her once that I can deal with her parents or I can deal with her but not both at the same time. Yesterday she repeated those sentiments back to me only this time I was the object. I suddenly realized that I make an already difficult task worse, just as she does for me… Is that convoluted or easy for others to understand?

My two dogs like to sleep next to each other in formation. It is the dandiest thing you ever wanted to see. One will lay down a certain way and the other will come up and flop down alongside, duplicating the exact same position.

My wife got her new kindle and gave me her old one. I guess she got tired of having me tying up her machine all the time. I usually read a book in one sitting, which means finishing in the early morning hours. This drives Linda to distraction and she says I lead an unregulated and impulsive life. I suppose compared to her way of doing things I am a bit streaky. We have a lot of bumps and edges and nobody thought our marriage would last. It has albeit with some heated and abrasive moments. More later…

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743580-Synchronized-Sleeping-Dogs