*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744152-This-ones-about-the-luck
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#744152 added January 13, 2012 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the luck.
THE PROMPT: "Do you believe that bad things happen on Friday the 13th? Give us the reasons why you do or don't. Are there any other superstitions you believe (or don't believe) in?"

What a day people! What's up everybody? I gotta tell ya, I tend to find myself fearing the worst whenever there's a "Friday the 13th". I don't know exactly why. Maybe because of the mystique that's always been pushed around about it. Maybe because I've probably had a Friday the 13 or two where bad things have happened (just don't ask me for specifics...maybe they weren't that bad if they weren't that memorable).

I've seen bad things happen to others on this day. I have a friend who suffered from Triskaidekaphobia when we were younger. Basically, it's the fear of the number 13, and it can be crippling at times. You can read all about what it is here, since it would take too much to explain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskaidekaphobia

Maybe it's coincidence, or just dumb luck, but yeah, I'm always looking over my shoulder a little more on Friday the 13th. I wouldn't say I wasn't superstitious, but I do have my little quirks...When I play hockey, before each game I slap my left pad and then my right if I'm playing goalie. Before shooting a foul shot in basketball, it's three dribbles twirling backwards and then shoot. Softball? Three digs in the dirt with my left cleat before each at-bat. That's just sports.

I've got other quirks, but that could just be from OCD more than anything, and non-superstition related. At least it never occurred to me that they may be superstition-based, anyway. Like if one shoe comes untied, I have to re-tie the other one as well. And when I lace my shoes, the frontmost-facing lace on one show goes over the eyelets and on the other shoe the lace goes over the eyelets. If I get one hand wet, I have to wash them both.

I know, I'm weird. But that's why you love me *Wink*.

MUSICAL BREAK!!:

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD this is hilarious! I could care less for the original version of this song, but this is just kind of what I needed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI *Laugh*

VITAL STATS:

*Snow1* Normally I'd be the first one complaining that there's now a foot of show on the lawn when I awake, but really, I can't. It's barely snowed all season. My ten minute drive to work took 45 minutes. Must be Friday the 13th.

*Snow2* Said pile of snow was still in the driveway and walkway when I came home. Then the lady of the house came home and lost it on everyone. Hey, I've worked all day, and actually, the walkway wasn't that bad. Annnnnd I had just gotten home as well. Blame the kid who's been home all day if the walks aren't shovelled...not me. He can and probably did look out the window once or twice, and since schools didn't close he knew what was up. Yup, it's Friday the 13th.

Alright, well, I'm gonna listen to the Sabres game, since I don't want to be near anyone right now for fear of being annoyed, or snapping, or just downright ugliness. So here's to Friday the 13th and all of its wonderful glory *Smirk*. Hope it wasn't so bad for the rest of you...stay safe and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP6Sc4XQFyw

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744152-This-ones-about-the-luck