*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746449
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#746449 added February 5, 2012 at 3:59pm
Restrictions: None
January 6 short story
“Why did you take Daniel to a furniture store?” Jessica’s voice was sharp coming through the speaker. She spoke herself into a rage. “How cruel can you be? He is just a little boy. He doesn’t understand the concept of shopping without buying.”

Titus smiled on his end. It was rare, too rare, for him to get emotions out of her. “I want him to have the bedroom of his dreams. I can only do that by letting him choose.”

“Where the hell would you put children’s furniture anyways? In the garage? In the front yard?” Jessica kept ranting and listing places not fit for a child’s room.

Titus spoke over her rant, “Jane is moving out.”

Silence.

“Are you still there?” he asked.

Breathing. “I’ve got to go.” She hung up.

Titus put the phone down. He wasn’t sure what to do now. They never had loud arguments before. Jessica and he had never raised voices against each other. It wasn’t how they communicated. This time, he’d gotten not one but two emotional reactions from her. Hanging up brusquely wasn’t like her either.


© Copyright 2012 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746449