*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746454-January-11-a-scene
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#746454 added February 5, 2012 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
January 11 a scene
The following is a mere scene. A visual I have in my head am trying to put words to.

The doorbell rang. Flint went to find out who it was. He had no memory of calling for delivered food, but then he was forgetful lately. He opened the door and found the most wondrous sight. Like an angel, come down from heaven just for him, an elf woman with friendly light-brown eyes and a pretty face framed by honey-blond hair, looked up to him. Too amazed to speak, Flint stood with the doorknob in hand.

She asked in a melodious voice, "Is this the residence of Flint Greenleaf?"

"That's me."

She smiled and held up her tablet for him to see the screen. It was a map with his address highlighted. "My agency got a call from you yesterday. You are in need of a live-in housekeeper?"

He blinked. He made such a call? When? How? Where did he get the number? Regardless of all those questions swirling in his mind, Flint heard himself say, "Yes, I need a housekeeper. Please come inside." He opened the door wide so she could step inside and led her to the kitchen. "I have to apologize for the state of things. I'm not feeling well, Miss." He gave her an asking look.

"My name is Amandine Vertoux."

"Uh, Flint Greenleaf. You knew that." Facepalm.



© Copyright 2012 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746454-January-11-a-scene