*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746456-January-14-short-story
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#746456 added February 5, 2012 at 4:04pm
Restrictions: None
January 14 short story
From Jessica’s home, Titus took Daniel straight to the beach. He kept Daniel busy through his usual nap-time and kept him running until the toddler was but a shell. Certain that Daniel wouldn’t give him trouble for going to sleep without his mother present, Titus took him home.

As he expected, Daniel snoozed off in his arms on the short way home. As he entered the yard through the front gate, he saw somebody sitting on the patio. Coming closer, he recognized Alex.

Titus whispered sharply, “I’m bringing my son inside. Then, it’s you and me.”

Daniel was too sleepy to stir during the diaper change or getting undressed and put into his pajama. Titus kissed him tenderly on his forehead before leaving the room. He stepped into the front yard.

“What do you want?”

Alex stood up. “I haven’t come for trouble.”

“Didn’t think so.” Titus crossed his arms in front of his chest. Taller, stronger, and a trained killer, Titus didn’t fear Alex one bit.

Alex bit his lips. “She asked me not to come here.”

“Why did you then?”

“Don’t keep the boy from her.”

Titus snorted. “She had him for three years. It’s my turn.”

“Neither she nor I told him to call me his other daddy. He said that by himself.”

“That makes it even worse. If that is the impression he has at his age, I’ve screwed around long enough. Time to show him who is his one and only father.”

Alex took a step backwards. “I don’t want that. I don’t want to take that from you. But ask yourself if you can with good conscience keep them apart for being angry at me.” He took another step toward the garden gate. “You have only yourself to blame for the way Daniel sees life.”


© Copyright 2012 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746456-January-14-short-story