*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746459-January-20-About-Online-Shopping
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#746459 added February 5, 2012 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
January 20 About Online Shopping
Nowadays, everything can be bought online.

Small things like electronics, things you should try on first such as pants and shoes. There are online shops that sell furniture and even houses.
You can also buy education online. There are online universities and even online public schools.

When you buy something in a brick and mortar store and you don't like it or it stops working, you bring it back, and, if needed, you can bitch out the manager. When you buy something online, you have to hope the sale goes smoothly. You have to hope your stuff ships in a timely manner. If you need help with any part of the transaction, you have to hope somebody either picks up the phone or answers emails.

Now, all of those things that can go wrong with buying tangible items can also go wrong when buying education online, especially when it replaces public education. Since you're not directly paying for it (you pay for it through taxes), the administrators make sport out of finding out just how long they can stretch it until they answer you.

Try calling a phone that never gets picked up.
Try sending an email that never gets answered.

Maddening enough when it's about an iPod. Really messed up when it's your child's education being squandered.

Moral of the story: Don't believe the hype. Ever.



© Copyright 2012 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746459-January-20-About-Online-Shopping