*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746460
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#746460 added February 5, 2012 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
January 22 Unbelievable Things
About two thousand years ago, Mount Vesuvius blew its top and annihilated the town of Pompeii in a rain of lava and hot ashes. What was once a thriving city, was now dead. For hundreds, even thousands of years, the city stayed a myth. It wasn't until a man who was digging for a well found the hand of a statue that the city was found.
I wonder how many things are hidden in the ground that are now relegated to myth?
Are there things hidden in the sky?
In remote areas of the world?
In the ocean?
How much truth can there be to a creature such as the Yeti if for so long a time the city of Pompeii was thought to be the fabrication of a writer?

Pompeii proves that myths are true. At the least, each myth contains enough truth to make them real, even if story telling had its way with the original and changed it up until it wasn't even believable any longer.

Just recently, scientist found a frog in India that was believed to be extinct since the Ice Age.

Go Yeti.
Go Bigfoot.
Go Chuppa-Cabra.
Go all you creatures nobody want to believe in.


© Copyright 2012 Annette: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Annette: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746460