*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747664-As-it-was-in-the-beginning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#747664 added February 23, 2012 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
As it was in the beginning.....
Yes, as I've traveled this earth these long remarkable years...I knew before that all was in God's order.  The years have only reinforced that inner calmness.

You see, it is easy to be drawn to the secular. Yet, all that has transpired has been shifting from cultural fads, trendiness, and who and what is the celebrety or the "wow" event of individual days.

I don't read newspapers. I watch t.v. if there is comedy. I have never seen "Dark" movies. As a long time Social Worker, I was close and personal with situations and folks that you "normal" ones would never have had the stomach for. After 30 some years......there isn't a story I haven't heard, a tragedy I haven't witnessed, lives I haven't  tried to keep from the cliff.

Yet, amidst all the evilness, the sociopaths, rapists, arsonists, pediphiles, junkies and suicidal  traumas I've witnessed......all seemed calm in God's hands.  I notice that the skies at dusk reaveal that same magical aray of color and awe-inspiring ten minutes of leading day into night.  Every sunrise in every state or country I have witnessed (after 50 years)  still remains spectacular.)  Folks, STILL, say hello to one another. They still allow folks to cut in line when the stranger has only one item. Folks still stop if they see an accident. Folks still volunteer in their kid's public schools. They still go to every boring soccer game. Thanksgiving is still a mad rush of love, food and photos. Birthdays are still a big deal. Christmas, and other religious holidays are still treated with sentiment, love and generosity.

Yes, as it was in the beginning..........it is now......and it ever shall be.  Because God STILL hangs around and HE  still loves us!


© Copyright 2012 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747664-As-it-was-in-the-beginning