*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748329-Another-milestone-reached
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#748329 added March 4, 2012 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Another milestone reached
Backstory comes first . . .

I can't remember whether I've mentioned in this blog (and I'm too lazy at the moment to go back and look to see whether I have) that I was volunteering for the Singing Winemaker, pouring in his tasting room. Well, yes . . . I've been doing that for about 6 months or so, and then about 3 months ago I went in one day when I wasn't volunteering to taste some of the wines I didn't know as well, so that I could learn more about them. I ended up staying for most of the afternoon, and wasn't able to drive so I helped Steve do some rearranging of the merchandise in the tasting room. Before I left . . . he offered me a job! *Shock* As it turned out, having volunteers who work for bottles of wine (which is really nifty, by the way) has been great but not always reliable and he wanted someone who could work in the tasting room on a regular basis. Working in the tasting room of a winery is an interesting way to spend an afternoon. You can meet some pretty amusing people during the course of a day. But when you work for the Singing Winemaker (I did mention that part, right?) it can be a BLAST!!! People come in, they drink wine, they're happy, Steve pulls out his guitar, we sing, it's all good!

So I've been working approximately every other Sunday in the tasting room. Also, after Steve asked if I wanted to start working for him but before I stopped working for wine and started working for money, he asked me if I would help him work on a book project he's been thinking about for several years. It's his project, so I won't go into much detail here except to say that it's non-fiction, it should be interesting and it's nothing that I ever would have considered writing about but I concur with everything he has to say so I'm excited to work with him on it.

And now for today's excitement . . . toward the end of the day three men came in who had obviously already been to a few other wineries. One guy was pretty toasted, but amusingly so. His flip flop was broken and we were having a big chuckle over that, Steve pulled out his guitar and started singing Margaritaville. Anyway, I was just about to ring up a bottle of wine for another customer when this guy starts hitting on me . . . seriously hitting on me. He stopped me in my tracks, I was so flustered. I guess the blonde highlights were a good idea after all? *shrug* He continued to hit on me the entire time they were there . . . it was amusing but it lost its sense of unreality after a bit. Heh. I got hit on at work. He ruined it then by asking me to make some homophobic comment to his brother-in-law. I told him (kindly but firmly, I was after all, at work) that I would never say such a thing. The brother-in-law (who had heard the interchange) then told me to say something non-ASR to flip-flop guy. I told him I had no problem saying that, but not while I was at work. It was a lighthearted exchange . . . I think it was time for flip flop guy to cruise on back home.



Moulin Rouge quote

© Copyright 2012 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748329-Another-milestone-reached