*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749902-A-Caregivers-Odyssey---Part-Three
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#749902 added March 31, 2012 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
A Caregiver’s Odyssey – Part Three
March 31, 2012, Saturday, Day 31, Bonus Day ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is SERIAL EXPERIENCE - Describe a life experience so important to you it deserves to be told over multiple entries. END a.k.a Part Three.


Right now, this seems like a never-ending odyssey. It will end someday and I must prepare myself for that moment, but in the mean time, I continue to care for my mother.

Yesterday, I went to a meeting at the Alzheimer’s Association of the Desert Southwest Chapter. It was a monthly coffee for caregivers and the next meeting is on the last Friday of April. At yesterday’s meeting, I signed up for an all day conference planned for Thursday, April 26. The conference will last from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, so I need to finds someone to stay in the house for a while in the morning and in the evening.

Mom cannot stay alone, so someone must be here while she waits for the Daycare bus in the morning and then be her until my mother’s P.A. arrives in the evening. In April the bus picks Mom up around 8:10 AM and brings her back home after 3:30 PM. This is a new schedule so I have to give it four or five days to determine the timing of the bus.

The conference on April 26, is the first all day event I have attended since Mom has been going to the daycare center. I am not sure how Mom will react to having a stranger in the house. She reacted well to the P.A. change earlier this year, but this is different because I will not be home when Mom arrives. Mom suffers from separation anxiety and sometimes gets very upset and belligerent when she does not know where I am.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749902-A-Caregivers-Odyssey---Part-Three