*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750225
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#750225 added April 4, 2012 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
Last Day at Lambeau
Though his last day at Lambeau hasn't come (and time will tell for sure), this upcoming documentary intrigues me as to how the biographers will depict Brett Favre's final days in the NFL. Here is an early review of "Last Day at Lambeau" that caught my attention today...

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2012/04/03/last-day-at-lambeau-a-film-review/

I have my trepidations about rehashing the past if this documentary is skewed from the perspective of angry fans. It's okay if it's balanced and doesn't blame Favre for his exit from Green Bay. It seems the focus was always on his reservations for his future and last acts as a Packer and Viking -- anything that serves the argument for those who choose to ignore how one man resurrected the franchise with his play on the field.

He proved his worth in the 2009 season. You can't discount that he wasn't done. Ted Thompson failed Packer fans as much, if not more, than Favre. He orchestrated his quarterback's exit behind the scenes and covered his trail in the aftermath, feeding Favre to the angry mob.

Brett didn't have the reigns on the team. No one brings to account the coach and GM for failing to beat the eventual Super Bowl winner.

I think a documentary that sheds truth of what went down behind the scenes is what's needed. Reliving it from the perspective of those that have no control might just serve to further the frustration and angst.

© Copyright 2012 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750225