*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750477-Of-Easter-Eggs-and-Family-traditions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#750477 added April 8, 2012 at 4:12pm
Restrictions: None
Of Easter Eggs and Family traditions
April 8, 2012, Sunday, Day 8 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "it's that time of week to show you've been paying attention. Find something, everyone, throw something in. Find someone else's blog entry from the last week and discuss it in your own blog. Tell us why someone's entry resonated with you."


I liked the entry "Invalid Entry by blaineycindy because it brought back memories of my childhood and the traditions practiced by my family then. As a child, we always went to Grandma and Grandpa Newlands house because the lived in the Blackwell where my siblings and me grew up.

Every Easter season we went to their house on Good Friday after school let out and remained until Easter Sunday evening. While at my Grandparents’ house, we colored Easter eggs on Saturday morning and on Saturday afternoon went to the airport across the road to hunt Easter eggs. These are the memories that this entry brought to my mind.

My favorite part of Cindy’s entry concerned “Sarah and Stephanie” coloring eggs with their college friend. I haven’t colored eggs since I was a child, but every Easter Sunday Mom and I eat a chocolate Easter bunny either for breakfast or lunch. Today the bunny was our brunch and I had to smile when I realized Mom got the chocolate all over herself.

Cindy’s entry also made me realize what I miss most about family and holidays. Mom and I haven’t had a holiday dinner with family in years. I miss that part of the Easter holiday, but until reading this entry, I didn’t realize how much I missed it.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750477-Of-Easter-Eggs-and-Family-traditions