*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750777-Individual-corporate-and-government-responsibility
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#750777 added April 12, 2012 at 7:55am
Restrictions: None
Individual, corporate, and government responsibility
April 12, 2012, Thursday, Day 12 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "In your opinion should the government control how many natural resources you as an individual are allowed to use? In the name of conservation and to save the planet, should we be prohibited from taking up our greater share? Think limit on gasoline, monitored water usage, etc..."


Natural resources do not belong to the individual they belong to all of humanity. The individual has the responsibility to use those resources responsibly; unfortunately, many individuals and/or the corporations they oversee do not use resources in a responsible manner. Therefore, the government has duty to set standards of use.

At this point in humanities social, cultural, and corporate evolution greed in everything seem to be focus rather then responsibly and wise use of natural resources. Control of some resources, fossil fuels for instance, can make an individual or corporation wealthy as long as those resources are available. The problem is that fossil fuels are limited and as we deplete them, it takes more money to create the technology to get to those dwindling resources.

The technology can access and retrieve the dwindling resources, but the retrieval process my endanger lives and other necessary resources. An example of this is fracking, this method can retrieve natural gas that is deep in the ground, but it could also endanger water resources. Despite the fact that many believe natural gas is the more important of the two resources it is of lesser importance the water. Water is necessary for life to exist, while natural gas helps to heat homes and run equipment (such as cars).

In order to protect and use the resources we have wisely, the government has to set standards of use and determine if corporations are retrieving those resources in a safe manner. The government also has the responsibility to encourage the development of alternate sources of energy so that when gas and oil does run out or the cost of retrieval is prohibitive then there will be less expensive and safer resources available.

The present generation (by this I mean everyone who is alive on Earth today) has the responsibility to make sure there are energy sources available for the following generations. If this is not accomplished then the human race will became extinct as soon as it runs out of energy to power its vehicle, warm its houses, and run its technology. Another thing the present generation needs to do is ask questions and search for the answers. We cannot afford to accept, without question, what corporations, political parties, or any other “entity” tells us, we must find the answers ourselves.

Once the individual has determined the truth for him or herself, then the individual has the responsibility to act upon that truth in a responsible manner. The individual is at the grass root level of society, culture, corporations, and governments. Sometimes we as individual forget this and are willing to accept what we are told by those we “believe” are more informed rather then searching for the truth ourselves.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750777-Individual-corporate-and-government-responsibility