*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751149-Writing-and-50-Dirty-Shades-of-Blonde
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #1857740
#1 Blog Item
#751149 added April 17, 2012 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Writing and 50 Dirty Shades of Blonde
Note to Self #5

If you found a way to compare peeling hardboiled eggs to the writing process, couldn't you also tie in another lifelong fascination to story writing?

I was the lady behind the department store cosmetics counter for a decade; I worked as a hairdresser, and also sold a very good (still touted by celebrities) diet program for several years. Always ended up in the beauty business; I've been interested in skincare and cosmetics longer than many cover models and probably their mothers, have been alive.

There was always something about a totally bare face or fried, broken off hair that got my creativity stirred up like a frothy batch of hair lightener. It was a canvas begging me to apply a spot or two of subtle color, a sparkly enhancer, a handful of rich conditioner, or a sharp blade.  And all my life, a plain piece of paper or a blank computer screen has challenged my imagination in the same way.

A page of well-chosen words, a few tiny brushstrokes, or several scissor snips and something new is created. It never ceases to amaze  me.

And here's a tip to add shine to your hair: Rinse hair for 2-3 minutes before adding shampoo of your choice. Water removes a lot of dirt and/or product buildup.  Use a small amount of shampoo and remember lather is not your friend-it is "detergent."  One washing should be adequate unless you work in a coal mine.  Make the final rinse long and as cool as you can stand it.

© Copyright 2012 Dawsongirl (UN: danamargaret at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dawsongirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751149-Writing-and-50-Dirty-Shades-of-Blonde