*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753427-May-23
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#753427 added June 15, 2012 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
May 23
My goodness has it been that long? It is the day after my 60th birthday. That sounds like such and awful number. Where has the time gone? When I was a young mother the days flew by with all the running and playing with the kids. Then they grew up and were busy with their own lives and I got busy with mine. Working, writing and then I just realized that I am 60, not a grandmother, not a mother-in-law, just a woman looking that the edge of the river that at one time never crossed my mind that it was there. Now I am seeing the rippling waters every so often through the trees.





60 years, I have not enjoyed myself as much as I have since moving to Portland, OR and joining WDC. Who would have thought I would be published, finish a NaNoWriMo last November and now working on revising it for others to read. To accomplish this daunting task I am taking two classes this summer. One on character development and one on how to write a story longer than a short story. What a challenge.





Not because of the classes but because all of the sudden I am going to move. Yep it is packing time again and to top it off my husband will be gone two and a half weeks next month. At the end of the month the residents of the new house and it is possible they will want my husband to drive their U-Haul to the new house 1100 miles away. We have to do some fancy tap dancing to get all our personal stuff out of the house and into a POD then move it to the new house to be unloaded. That doesn't sound too bad BUT Jume 29 we cook dinner for the start of our annual church Campmeeting. Sat we cook breakfast, Sunday it is all three meals then I cook at breakfast for the next two weeks go to work come back and go to church at night. I can tell you now there may be some meetings I will just have to miss. As long as the bed is up, my clothes are in the closet and I have my toiletries. I am good for two weeks.


My family surprised me with a party! My daughter flew out from Mn to be there and we had a great time. My favorite card came from my husband's sister. It said: "Sister-in-law I wanted to get you a gag gift for your birthday" open card "But you already have my brother" I am still smiling at that! I loved it.





That is all for now, I hope it wont be as long until the next post.
© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/753427-May-23