*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754549-Pearls-Story-ID-1799032
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
#754549 added June 10, 2012 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Pearl's Story (ID# 1799032)
Pearl’ Story


         Sam was determined to finish the report a day early so he’d have time to go over it with the team. His coffee to the right, notes to his left, feet up on the footstool, laptop up and running he was ready for the job.

         His hands poised over the keys, his thoughts were starting to form.

         Sam jolted awake. The printer was printing. I must have dozed off. He couldn’t remember finishing the report, but he must have. He checked the clock on the screen; 6:15? How? It’s only been fifteen minutes.

         Page after page was printing, there was no way he could have finished the report in that amount of time. What is printing? He picked up the pages, and started to read. The Day Pearl Decided I was Superman

         Sam read the story with amazement. He’d not thought about Pearl in ages. He laughed as he remembered climbing on the garage roof and jumping off with the Superman red towel around his neck. The details were amazing, accurately told, even down to the teary eyed little girl apologizing for talking him into the stupid stunt. Sam smiled as he recalled his childhood friend and wondered how she was.

         Enough reminiscing, I’ve got to get this report done. Sam warmed his coffee up and settled back into writing his report.

He woke again to the printer running. He grabbed the papers. “What is going on?” The Day Pearl Wrecked her Brand New Car. Sam grinned, he could still see Pearl sitting in her pearl white Mustang. She beamed with pride in the driver’s seat. He finished the pages with the vivid images of the wreck that totaled her car, and how Pearl was so thankful he’d come to her rescue.

         Sam reached for the phone, dialed his mom. “Mom, have you heard anything from Pearl recently?”

         “No, she was found in her apartment last week. All the newspaper said was mysterious circumstances. I haven’t heard anything since the funeral.”

         “Ok, I’ll see what I can find out. I’ve got a report to start,” and he hung up.

         Sam rubbed the back of his neck. Pearl, why are you haunting me? He felt a sense of peace and warmth fill him. Well, Pearl, can you please let me finish my report? Sam, once again started to work on his big report.

         Pages fluttered from the printer as Sam woke. Ok, I guess that was a no. The Day Pearl was Murdered and How Sam Catches the Killer. Sam read the pages; his eyes couldn’t believe the abuse and horrors that had taken over Pearl’s life. Vivid descriptions, details that the police probably couldn’t know were there in his hands."Pearl, why didn’t you call me? I could have done something."

         The letters appeared: HE WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU TOO

Sam picked up the phone. Thank goodness I have a friend on the force. “Hey, John, man, you’ve got to see this. It’s about Pearl.”

WC 497
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754549-Pearls-Story-ID-1799032