*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754552-Theyre-Just-My-Neighbors-ID-1872712
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
#754552 added June 10, 2012 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
They're Just My Neighbors (ID# 1872712)
They're Just My Neighbors

         Tristan watched the police unroll the yellow tape around her neighbor’s yard. The lights flashing in her bedroom window had awakened her. With her curiosity piqued she dressed and headed out toward the front yard.
         Her next door neighbors worked third shift. They slept all day which was great for her home business; perfect neighbors compared to the band that lived there before.
         Tristan worried. What on earth could have happened? There had to be twenty uniformed officers milling around the dark, quiet house.

         Officer Jones saw Tristan coming out of her house. He strode over to her, “Ma’am, I think it best if you stay here on your porch. Did you know the Drakes?”
          “I see them coming in, when I go get my paper in the morning, just long enough to smile and wave,” Tristan stared at the house almost lost in her thoughts when Officer Jones placed her hand on her shoulder, Tristan jumped. Her nerves were getting the best of her.
         Jones apologized for startling Tristan, “Can you tell me anything about the family? Their comings and goings?”
         “They kept to themselves. They were quiet. They haven’t lived here that long, I can’t remember anyone visiting them.”
         “Here’s my card, if you think of anything. Stay on your property.” With that Officer Jones left.

         Tristan was naturally curious. She wasn’t going to go off of her property, just peek over at the Drakes. CSIs were digging up the back yard. She saw one motioning for his supervisor. They were pulling something out. She let loose with a blood curdling scream, before she fainted.
         Officer Jones passed the smelling salts under Tristan’s nose. “Didn’t I tell you to stay at your place? Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”
         She cried, “His head!”

300 words
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754552-Theyre-Just-My-Neighbors-ID-1872712