*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754573-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Guest-ID1696421
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
#754573 added June 10, 2012 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Easter Egg Hunt Guest (ID#1696421)
Easter Egg Hunt Guest

The twins plus one unhooked their car seat buckles and hurried out of the minivan. They bounced around the corner and into the fenced in church yard. It was Easter Sunday and the Easter Egg Hunt was already in progress.

Typical of the children’s personalities, the boys let no sand settle under their feet. They zoomed around the playground hunting for the plastic candy filled eggs, while their sister admired the pretty brunch tables set up on the lawn.

Alice, Andrew and Alex met up at the playground equipment. They were making short work of all of the eggs left hiding there, when something strange caught Alice’s eye. She stopped and stared up on the fence ledge.

“Look at the squirrel! He’s got something,” she yelled at her brothers.

Andrew and Alex stopped briefly, looked over at the fence and spied the squirrel sitting on the fence with his paws full; he was definitely chewing on something. The kids all started creeping closer to the fence. Curiosity had them. They had to know what the squirrel had.

All three children turned in unison, ran and yelled to their parents, “That squirrel has one of the Easter eggs.”

The camera changed its subject as parents started taking pictures of the squirrel and the bright red Easter egg. The squirrel soon realized he was the center of attention, and scurried up the nearest pine tree. It took him three tries, but he made it up to a branch with his prize.

He chewed, pawed, gnawed and finally managed to have a jelly bean or two before he dropped the plastic egg shell to the ground.

Alice swooped in and collected that Easter egg. She was so proud of her most unusual find. She still keeps the egg in her china cabinet today.

300 words
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754573-Easter-Egg-Hunt-Guest-ID1696421