*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754582-Oh-No-Here-It-Comes
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
#754582 added June 10, 2012 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
Oh No! Here It Comes!
Prompt for 7/4
Write a story that includes the words: allergies, vacation, picture
have fun!

The wedding day had finally arrived. Jim was handsome in his tux. The wedding director, Joan, brought in the boutonnieres for the groom’s men and groom. I started pinning the roses on their lapels. Finally it was time to pin Jim’s boutonniere on his lapel. I didn’t know what to feel. I was happy that he had found a wonderful girl. I was proud of his life choices so far.
My nose was starting to burn and my eyes were starting to water. My sons (real and friends adopted) were thinking I was getting too sentimental, but I recognized the signs. It had started the night before at the rehearsal dinner. Creating the center pieces had driven my allergies nuts.
I’d taken every allergy medication I owned, hoping to save the rest of our wedding/vacation week. So here I was, the MOG, my nose was running, my eyes were watering, and my makeup was starting to reach the floor.
Joan knocked on the door, “It’s show time guys.”The groomsmen left to perform their duties. I touched up my makeup and headed for my spot.
My youngest son walked me down the aisle. Everything was so beautiful. I couldn’t believe how much of a change one day made. I’d never seen so many fresh flowers, on the end of every aisle, across the whole front of the church. I prayed to make it through the ceremony without a scene, as I sat beside the aisle bouquet.
It was a beautiful ceremony. Thankfully it was sneeze-less, sniffle-less, and I didn’t even cry.
The photographer was ready to start taking pictures at the front of the church. Everyone was all lined up. On his cue to smile, we all complied.
“Aaaachoooooooooooo!” Oh well, that will be a picture for the album!

kph
7/4/10
Words 298
Write a story that includes the words: allergies, vacation, picture
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754582-Oh-No-Here-It-Comes