*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754583-Im-Bored
by Amay
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1872712
A nice place to collect my flash fiction entries.
#754583 added June 10, 2012 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Bored!
Prompt for 7/2
Write a story that includes the line: "I'm bored. There's nothing to do"
have fun!

“Oh my god ! If you say that one more time I’m going to scream!” I thought silently in my head. I was sick and tired of every time he came to lesson, before it even started, “I’m bored, there’s nothing to do,” Sam would bemoan over and over. It didn’t matter that everyone was getting settled, and one person was straggling just to get some attention.
So this time, I’d had it. As calmly and serenely as possible I said, “Sam, I am so sorry you have nothing to do. It really hurts my feelings when you say, ‘I’m bored’ before I even start a lesson. I know I’m not a video game. I know that I’m not a clown or entertainer. But son, that’s not my job. If you give me a chance to start, you might have something to do that is really interesting.”
Sam looked down at the floor. “I’m sorry.”
On the rug in front of the little group was a plain wooden box. Inside the box, there were over 76 different color and types of triangles. I invited the children to help me spread out the triangles, keeping a large blue equilateral triangle in my hand. I turned on my inner actor, “What? Are you talking to me?” and placed the triangle close to my ear. “You’re kidding!” I said to the triangle, and to the kids I said, “Did you hear that?”
The kids all shook their heads, and Mr. Bored, was excitedly asking, “What did he say?”
“He told me there was a bank robbery, and the robber is here on our rug.”
Sam was the first to call out, “Where?!!”
HOOKED!
Silently, in my head, I did a victory dance.

kph
Word Count: 290
© Copyright 2012 Amay (UN: amay5prm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754583-Im-Bored